Used 2005 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Yukon XL Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Yukon XL model:

If you want a car that lasts, this is not the one.
By Frances Phipps

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Please be smart about your purchase of this rig, I've had mine for three years now (used) and I have put more money than I would like to admit into it. Side note: My Yukon is "equipped" with the Quadrasteer, I use the term loosely because it has never worked since I owned it. Any parts that need fixing you're SOL for because quadrasteer is discontinued and for good reason, all parts you may need either have to be rebuilt (for an arm and a leg) or found in a junk yard which is not a fun search. I really want to love my car, the thing drives like a tank and living in the middle of Montana I need a big ride to handle the winter and keep my family safe on the roads. It is a comfortable ride, drives very smooth.. however the alignment was not very good and was a costly fix. What drew me to the car in the first place was the seating, at the time I needed the 7 passenger now though I can't get out from the loan because there is no want/need in the market for a crap SUV so i'm stuck with the gas hog until it's paid off and maybe someone will want to turn it into a monster truck.

Got a 2012 Denali xl, still prefer the 2005...
By Matney

2005 GMC Yukon XL Denali AWD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Don’t think you can beat the models from 2000 to 2006 , great engines and mechanical parts, however if you can’t put up with the irritation of all the little things, or can fix them yourself, may want to leave it alone. Plus side is room,room and more room. comfort, and classy. Power to spare, if you are looking for mileage better look elsewhere. If I had to grad it for my use it would be a B+...

354,000 miles
By robert mccarty

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have over 354,000 miles on my 2005 and have not spent a dime on the engine and the transmission acted up today for the first time. I used sythetic oil as soon as it came out Castrol 5/30

A manly vehicle.
By James Matykiewicz

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE 4WD 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just loved all the space. One of only a few vehicles in which you can haul 4 X 8 sheets of drywall laying flat in the rear.
Going on a vacation? Take along anything you might wear.

Its an ok vehicle
By Mumbles

2005 GMC Yukon XL 1500 SLE Rwd 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this vehicle for family use witch is awesome i have 3 kids oldest is 6yrs. It has the common problems blown air rear shocks witch is not a cheap. Bad tire sensor. Transmission wiring problem and water pump.as a mechanic not a big deal for a family trying to get by could cost about $4000 to get to reliable vacation cruiser make sure its n great shape before you buy witch price should be close to $11k