Used 1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

$829 - $1,759

Used Sonoma for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

best small 4x4 gm made

mike larson, 02/22/2017
2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl naturally aspired 5M)

These trucks only had one problem . They had no hubs on the front axles. They still have a floor shifter for the transfer case like a real 4x4. This has been the best truck I have ever owned . I replaced with a new Gmc canyon and its high my wife can't get in it. has a knob for the 4x4 I hate my new truck.

Overall Junk

Eric Russell, 05/16/2002
2dr Club Coupe SB

I bought this truck new and it has been the worst experiance of my life. The body is a rust magnet. GMC must have made primer optional, and it missed my truck completly. The interior is a nightmare. The seat is too low, the steering wheel blocks most of the controls, and it squeeks and rattles since new.

Still got her!

Cantletgo, 08/18/2005
SLE 2dr Club Coupe 4WD SB

Overall a great truck, bought new with 17 miles on it. Had some issues with paint job on bed, torsion bar breakage. I have used this to trailer a 16 foot boat, bed full of wood, up and down hills in southern Ohio and it still pulls the load. Body to frame mounts are rusting out, door pins are worn out. A/C still works. Tune up plugs and wires every year is easy and cheap. I love this truck!

first truck

michael, 06/29/2009
SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

Ok as posted this is my first truck. The owner of this truck told me if i could get it out of the mess of mud and branches i could keep it. So i got it out and towed it home. The vehicle is still under work because of the clutch but it has been running great otherwise.

Loved it for 10 years.

Scott Kahler, 07/08/2002
SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

Great and reliable vehicle.... Without any significant work, this vehicle lasted many cross-country trips and survived three years in Puerto Rico. My only complaint was the defective paint....