Used 2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra 3500HD model:

Pleased
By Richard D. Salyer

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Fourth GMC diesel and second Duramax. The LML Duramax has been everything I expected. I do wish the USB port for my iPhone was not in the console.

GREAT TRUCK!!!
By geoexp@aol.com

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Simply the best truck ever made!!!!
My 2006 LBD Duramax had less of the federal emissions trash than this 2011, thus was probably a long term best buy. But I sure love my 2011, so far so good! No problems this far,,,,,except 2 trips to the dealership due to def tank issues. The were updated under warranty. I am now at 40k miles. ( I have a 2011 Avalanche, a 2014 Chevy Cruze diesel)

Worst truck I have owned so far.
By zolo1978

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

At 23,000 miles the exhaust fluid warning came on, took it to the dealer and they took 2 days to fixed it.
At 43,000 miles something outside the engine malfunction It cost me $18000.00 obviously they told me that that is not cover by the 100,000 mile power train, now at 53,000 miles something with the transmission went bad and the dealership is telling me that it will cost around $800.00 to fix and of course is has nothing to do with the power train so no luck.
I will never buy another GMC vehicle in my life.
I can put up with the small space inside, because I liked the oversized bed, but not paying $2700.00 with in a 6 month period give me a brake.

Large bed.

Better leg room, better cloth seats, get rid of the exhaust fluid and build them with better parts that won't cost you arm and a leg to repair.

Don't need a Diesel !
By usapatrick

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLT 4dr Extended Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

We shopped Ford and GMC. Bought the GMC because of build quality. Smokes the Ford in body gaps, paint, noise, warranty. Did the math on a diesel, no way for $8000. You don't see daylight for 500,000 miles. Pull a 24' enclosed with a car with the cruise control on in trailer tow mode. Absolutely love this truck. My local dealer found it for me. The paint is incredible, the interior is extremely quiet and comfortable with the leather bucket seats. The 40,000 mile warranty over the Ford has an untold value that could mean thousands. Installed headers & exhaust, K&N, Bosch Iridium plugs & Tayler 10.4 wires etc. No effect on warranty! Didn't even look at the Chevy as we own a'10 GMC. Both Z71's.

Looks, quiet, bucket seats, huge bed, build quality, functional horsepower,

increase the horsepower to LS3 levels,

update on repairs
By texasbuyer777

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

update to previous report, exhaust fluid tube was not connected from the factory, dealer repaired, software was doing its function reporting a malfunction, 1000 miles today, towed a 20' gooseneck weighing approx 10,000 lbs., towed like a feather, entire truck engineering is 100% better than my 2009 chevy 3500. very quiet interior, avg 12mpg towing, 17-18mpg empty.

new front end, increased hp

better interior styling, console has lots of inaccessible storage, utilize it.