Used 2012 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

$26,995

Used Sierra 2500HD for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

StyleandComfort

lawnman24, 01/13/2013
SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I traded my 2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 for a 2012 GMC. The truck is mocha with ebony interior. This truck is comfortable and looks very good at the same time. It was cheaper than a Ford but less powerful. I use the truck for my lawn care business and normally pull around 6000 pound trailers so the gas mileage is about 9-10 mpg without a trailer the mpg is still only 13-14. If you are pulling heavy loads you will not like the 6.0 engine. For pulling my mowers, power is sufficient but it is not for heavy loads. The truck is very reliable and handles very well. I do look forward to seeing the new body style. I hope the new trucks have at least 400 HP and 400 pounds of torque.

HD GMC truckster

Randy Huckabey, 06/08/2021
SLE 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

It will not fit in a normal garage...too long. Gas mileage is 11-13 mpg. That being said, I have done nothing but maintenance. The truck has the gas 6.0 motor and 6 speed tranny and 4 wheel drive. I pulled a 30’ 5th wheel camper with no problem. The camper was about 8K pounds. I chose the gas motor because I wasn’t going to use the truck to pull a camper or big trailer every day. The diesel version was another $10K and it takes a long time to justify a diesels little bit better fuel mileage. So far the truck has been great. It is comfortable to ride in and will tote whatever you put behind it or in the bed. I pulled a gooseneck trailer loaded with 14 power poles. No rush, but no problem. The electric brake controller and the engine tranny did fine. The power window controls are susceptible to failure.