List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 2500HD for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

body moulding falling off

dryan3, 10/28/2012
SLT 4dr Extended Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

My 2008 GMC diesel pickup has 41.000 miles and has been a good truck. However it will be 5 years old in December, and the body moulding on each side is loose and starting to fall off. The dealer said it is a common problem, but since it is out of warranty they would not fix it. I went to a body shop, and the person there said it is a common problem with that body style. He said a solution is to remove the moulding and glue and buff out the paint. His estimate was $240.00. I'm disgusted that this problem should occur on a $40,000 vehicle. I see 25 year old cars and trucks with the body moulding still intact. I'm disappointed GMC won't take care of the problem.

2008 2500 HD 4x4 6.6L DurmaxW/Allison

tdust, 11/15/2011
Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This is a great truck,This truck was used in the oil and gas industry and it has over 188,000 miles that I put on it.The truck has never been put in the shop for any major repairs.just regular service.Avarage 4000 to 5000 miles a month and it never left me on the side of the road.Tows like a beast! Used to pull loads of 7 to 9 thousand pounds over 600 miles @ 70 MPH.In fact I liked the truck so much when we got our new 2011 GMCs I bought this one from the owner.now she is retired but I would'nt hesitate to drive the truck anywhere.

One Great Truck

Big Rob, 12/03/2007
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 08 in October and now have 5000 miles on it. The fuel economy is around 16 in city and 18 on highway, but I am still in break-in period and expect improvement. Economy drops quickly north of 70 MPH. The Duramax and Allison are a great powerteam and while you can hear it shift, you cannot feel it. Interior on the SLT very well laid our and looks like it should be in a luxury car. The GM 100k warranty is a big plus. My only concern is the 26 gallon fuel tank is too small for hauling heavy trailers.

GMC Sierra 2500HD 4WD 6.6L

James Nichols, 05/12/2008
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

First off, after researching diesel trucks for over a year, it was clear that the Duramax/Allison power train was the "gold standard". I recently installed a Banks air intake, programmer, and exhaust system ($2500) and the performance is startling. Stock, average fuel economy was 16.2 (70 mph+ freeway); I hope the Banks package increases that up to 2 mpg. I stopped to watch a local, weeknight rodeo event in Paso Robles, CA and there were eventually 40+ trucks with 20-30' trailers, all diesels: 1 Chev, 3 Fords, the rest GMCs.

Well maintained engine took a crap at 60,000 miles

Roy A. Surges, 09/17/2015
SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

At 50,000 miles and 6 years old all auto door locks stopped working. At 60,000 miles lifter rockers failed and damaged cam shaft requiring a complete engine rebuild or replacement. I maintain my vehicles meticulously and have a toyota with over 300,000 miles on it. This truck is a huge disappointment and I will never buy a GM product again. Updated review at 80k miles all the other parts of the vehicle have begun to deteriorate. Seats, door handles remote mirror operation. I only keep it because it's paid for and I have 2 kids in college. It has not seen hard use. Goes off road and in the snow a few times a year on my fishing and hunting trips. I will reiterate that I will never buy a GM product again. Changing a burned out front headlight is a 2 hour affair. By a Toyota! It's worth a few extra bucks.

12345...6