Used 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Nice truck
By steve dunn

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Opinion on recent Used purchase 6.6 Duramax
By randy012796

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck from my neighbor. 58,000 miles on a 8 year old truck. It is box stock and clean. I cleaned it up even more. I have never owned a diesel before or a GMC. This diesel is Awesome! GMC has a slightly better finish than the Silverado I sold. We tow a 33ft Keystone Ultra lite camper that's 6,800lbs like a dream. There all expensive and I don't know why the comman man would spend the money on a new one. Enjoy shopping and go clean used. Some mods in the future, good deals out there on used perf. parts
Update: 85,000 mile now....still 100% satisfied. Many want to buy it from me. Not for sale! Great truck.

The time tested truth
By dplind

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Ok let's start out that I have owned them all and I have owned a lot of trucks. My business is repairing trucks of all sizes and brands for large and small owners. I drive what I don't have to fix! Period! The GMC gives me power to pull my toy hauler and comfort on the long vacations. looks great and never lets me down

the 6.6TD and allison. great fuel economy and power. the seating is good on long trips (I have a very unforgiving back) and I have little problem. visibility of the hood design over the ford and Dodge is exceptional, better than Chevy too.

I would like onstar to be coordinated with my own cell phone via bluetooth so I did not have to install another car bluetooth kit. Also may sound wimpy but if it was a little lower to the ground that would be nice too.

Great truck
By terry

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased this truck in April 2010. My first gmc. I love it. It has the duramax & Allison combo. Very powerful. It pulls beyond what I expected. I got this truck used with 81 thousand miles. Everyone tells me its just getting broke in. So far I like everything about this truck.

duramax & allison combo

i like it like it is

Hi Oh Silver
By dkwalker25

2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

i love my pickup, hauls my 40HP massey with bucket and brush hog like it's not even there. with banks big hoss bundle it hauls balls and doesn't think twice. awesome truck wouldn't give anything for it. it's dependable, and with all the mods it catches eyes everywhere i go. as of now, until ford puts out the 6.7L would only recommend a duramax. cummins is good but everything around it is crap and rides like a semi. duramax is king right now. i just can't say how much i love my pickup.

4x4, duramax engine, towing capabilities, and pure power of the banks powered duramax