Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

2005 Sierra Denali

Dave034, 03/19/2005
4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The power and acceleration are unbelievable. Handling is very good for a pickup. I only have 1000 miles on it so far, but very satisfied overall. I previously had an '01 Tahoe with the 5.3 engine, and the Sierra Denali with the 6.0 is getting slightly better mileage (if I keep a light foot on the gas). For some reason I could never average better than 13.5 with the Tahoe around town, and am getting just under 14 with the Sierra. I think the ethanol fuels around here are partly to blame for lower mileage. The tonneau cover that came with the truck is OK, but I think an Access brand cover would be better - easier to roll up than the GMC model. The all wheel drive is very smooth.

Denali Hauls!

Black Magic, 07/18/2005
4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven about 2200 miles in the first month. Half of the miles are towing a 5,500 lb. ski/wakeboard boat. This truck is incredible for towing. The AWD never spins on the ramp or backing up my 13% driveway with the boat. Loaded, the ride is excellent. Unloaded, it is a little choppy compared to my previous Yukon Denali XL. But, hey it's a truck. Mileage is better than my '01 DXL at 14mpg average. Again, it's a 345HP truck, it's for hauling. Great truck. Unloaded, this thing is fast for a truck and fun to drive. No problems so far.

No More GM 4 me

LostFaithGM, 05/29/2010
4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought truck new and totally disappointed. Truck now has over 104k miles and here is list of repair. Passenger hub replaced under warranty and driver hub replaced at 76k. Trans rebuild 75k. Torque converter replaced @ 83k. Power steering has been terrible since 30k. Front diff passenger seal leaks since under warranty and driver front diff seal leaked at 101k. Now water pump gasket leak @ 103k. U-joint at T-case & drive shaft replaced at 86k. Interior makes noises and this is considered normal. Noisy cab when cruising at over 45 miles. Rust is everywhere on the chassis. My last GM light duty truck

2nd GM truck

Jonathan, 04/17/2010
4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I started with a 99 Chevy Z71 that I drove 200k miles and beyond it's last leg so I traded it in for this GMC Crew 2WD with the 5.3 L. I was disappointed with the extended travel in the front suspension and huge turn radius. It's great on long trips for comfort, but gas mileage averages around 14 in the city and 16 on the highway. It feels real solid until you tow ANYTHING more than 500 #'s, it struggles over 55 mph with shifting a lot, due to lack of torque. The steering pops and clunks like my 99' did, the same for the rear-end chirp on start/stops. Bad design still being used from 99, that's just annoying. I like the comfort and prefer cloth over leather on long trips and in hot Texas.

Velvet glove, Iron Fist

Ray, 02/03/2005
4dr Crew Cab SLE 4WD SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the ultimate Great American Vehicle, a fast, powerful and exquisitely beautiful truck. I grew up in the seventies, and loved cars. This truck is quicker than Vettes of that era, with a ride equal to that of luxury cars of today. With its Z-71 suspension system this monsterous beast can cut around corners like a sports car, not bad for being able to tow 4 Mazda Miatas down the road without breaking a sweat. Gas mileage can stink, but this truck also comes with a sophisticated Driver Information System, one of its abilites is giving instantaneous fuel mileage. Steady 60 MPH kicks back 24.9 mph. That is phenomenal! Gunning the rumbling 5.3 motor is addicting however! I LOVE IT!

12345...7