Used 2005 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Greta truck

Alan, 04/03/2010
4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This has been a great truck. One person wrote that his wouldn't tow, but he had the 6 cylinder. Why someone would not buy a V8 for towing is beyond me. My 5.3 has been flawless and I often tow a boat, motor, and trailer weighing 7000 lb and the G38 locking differential has allowed me to get up any boat ramp. I added a K&N cold air intake and Gibson cat back exhaust and get 22 MPG on the interstate and and 28 at 55 MPH.

Used Cowboy Cadallic

Edward A. Brown, Jr., 12/30/2017
4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The crew cab option means you have a short bed. If you want to haul something the size of a sheet of plywood, you have to have the tail gate down. Since this vehicle has a 6 liter engine it gets lousy gas mileage but it will pull 8000# with no problems.

Mostly electrical problems

Dennis Brooks, 08/04/2010
4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck new in 2005, have put 67k miles on it in 5 years. This is a very comfortable truck. I took it on many 300 mile trips without a rest stop, feeling like I had only driven to town. However the many electrical problems has me wondering about the quality of gmc. Less than 5k the instrument display showed "electrical malfunction". The dealership repaired and did not give me reason. Other problems are evap solenoid, power door lock, brake master cylinder, bumping in steering column, 4wd transfer case switch, speedometer would go to 0, seat heater shorted out, headlights and dash lights flicker anytime you hit brakes or use Windows. The dealer gave an extra 2 yr warr for free due to the issues

Best vehicle I have ever owned!

Jeff, 02/17/2008
4dr Crew Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just bought this truck used and it looks like it just rolled off the factory line. I have owned 2 F-150s and 04 Dodge Ram Quad cab. This by far blows them away. I traded a BMW 525i for it and I actually enjoyed the ride home better. My kids love the factory RSE DVD player and the room in the backseat compared to the other trucks I have owned. I love the driver's seat with the 4 point lumbar support, dual heated and powered front seats and very soft leather front and back. I have always jumped from vehicle to vehicle but I think I have found what I was looking for - a vehicle that has all the comforts of a sports car and the convenience of a pick-up truck.

Needed work but worth it.

murrayst45, 05/26/2011
4dr Crew Cab SLE Rwd SB (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this in fall of 2007 with 60 thousand miles. Pumped a lot more money into it than I thought I would have to, to start out. Wheel hub bearings on both sides. Tie Rod ends. Ball joints. Air conditioner blower motor. u joints. Overhauled front brakes and rotors. This was over a course over 60 thousand more miles I have pumped into it. 122k on it now. I really do like this truck though, I do not pull very much and I love the feel behind the wheel. If it was 4x4 it would be perfect, but its very dependable and hasn't ever broken down on me on the road. I'm hoping to get several more miles out of it. Only problem now, the wheels never stay in balance or alignment and I never offroad it.

12345...7