Used 2002 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Best Truck Ever

Joe K., 08/12/2009
4dr Extended Cab SLE 4WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

This truck was two years old, with 33,000 miles when I purchased it (Certified Used). I use this pickup on our family farm and to drive to work, resulting in 40K miles each year. This is the best truck, fantastic engine 5.3, great power reasonable fuel economy. No complaints with the 4WD, I use it frequently. Currently, the truck has over 200K miles, the service record is brief: 5 years old replace rear brakes (still have not replaced front brakes),6 years old replace battery just to be on the safe side, Fuel pump replaced at 175K miles, my fault for not ever replacing the fuel filter. At 180K had to replace the front UJoint. Plan to trade the truck in on a similar equipped 2008 model Sierra.

The Professional Grade!!!!!!

mwheeler88, 03/14/2010
4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

My GMC Sierra is a great truck! It rides great and it handles very well. The only thing i don't like about it, is its a 2WD but I would probably never use it if i did have it and I have to say it has been the most reliable vehicle i have ever had. My dad bought it in 2002 new and gave it to me when he bought a new car. It only has 86,000 miles on it and i have to say for a truck that's not a lot. Knock on wood I have never had to take it in for any work other than to get it serviced. I don't like the gas mileage it gets 13 MPG in town but it does have the 5.3L V8 so what do you expect. But i love the truck and i hope to have it for a long time.

What happened?

groggybob, 04/04/2005
4dr Extended Cab SLE 2WD SB (4.8L 8cyl 4A)

loved the truck until exactly 40,000 miles. Right out of warranty the sun shell in the transmission wore out. Repaired it for $500 in parts myself. Non-mechanics will find no one to do it, and if they do, likely triple the cost. Also had a ticking sound like a valve from about 20,000 miles. The dealership happily checked it out and even replaced the lifters as a best guess. That lasted 100 miles and the sound returned. Seems to not affect anything and can be heard on only a few of the trucks. Unless you haul, don't get the hauling suspension. You can easily load the bed with solid rock and roll down the interstate like it wasn't even there.

Awesome Truck!

rawannam, 12/24/2006
4dr Extended Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have no idea why GMC cancelled the Quadrasteer but I hope they bring it back by time I'm in the market for my next truck! It's an amazing truck, drives like a car, and you would have no idea its as big as it is being that its so nimble. Would highly recomend this truck!

Denali

StarmanT, 06/26/2002
4dr Extended Cab Denali AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is an expensive truck, but everyday I drive it, I think this is worth it. The four wheel steering is awesome - parking lots are a snap! I pulled a UHaul trailor a few days ago - first with a Toyota Sequoia, then the Denali. Everything you've read is true. I did some quick lane changes and the trailor stays right behind the truck. My hats off to GMC on this truck. Outstanding job!

12345...6