Used 2000 GMC Sierra 1500 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

Nothing but Love

GMCfan, 03/07/2010
SLE 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have loved this truck since I have owned it. I have added all sorts of extras like intake and exhaust work, so that is why some of my ratings are high. My only issue that I have had with this truck is the backseat. Once my daughter was born, trying to get a car seat in there safety has always been an issue. Nothing has ever gone wrong and only replaced things that I upgraded.

Reoccurring problems

miker1267, 07/31/2009
SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This truck is comfortable and has adequate power however, the quality of some components leave a lot to be desired. When having the front brakes replaced I was told that the rear (emergency) brakes need to be replaced as they were metal on metal. I had not used the emergency brakes more than 2 or 3 times since I purchased the truck. The rear brakes had apparently locked in a semi-on position and ate thru the pads. The dealer told me that the factory had redesigned the mechanism on newer models. Obviously this was a design problem. The fuel gauge has gone erratic twice with a repair cost of $900 each time. They recommend a new wiring harness at the same time, another design problem.

Great Truck, just won't stop!

justin51, 06/30/2008
SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

This is one heck of an awesome truck. I've loved it from the day I bought it and still love it today. It has been a work truck from the day I took it home, and after 170,000 miles it still is going strong. Love the reliability of it, never have to worry about that. I find it a little wierd but I have never had to change anything, or even touch the brakes, and they still look great, I was told this was b/c of the 4 Wheel ABS/Disc system. I own the 4.8L V8 model and get "great" gas mileage for a full size V8 truck, especially loaded with tools. 15 city, and 21 hwy. These number came with the help of some aftermarket parts, like K&N filter, & better plugs and wires. I hope you enjoy yours.

Great truck but fuel milage stinks.

IsaiahCasey, 02/10/2008
SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD LB

I bought this truck used last year love the design the ride and comfort. the gas mileage stinks but I wouldnt trade it for anything else. About a month after I bought the truck I had an electrical problem but it worked itself out. I just bought a meyers diamond snowplow and I am going to put it on this week. The truck has plenty of power to push snow. I work on a farm and I have a 4 ton trailer, and I can haul a 3 ton skidsteer on the trailer and she still has plenty of power.

My Great Late Wife's Great Last Ride

Scott, 02/08/2016
SLT 3dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

We owned this marvelous dependable truck for 15 years. Never had a major problem. This truck should have 100k miles left easily. Great truck I will miss almost as much as my wife...Her name was Julie.

12345...9