Used 1998 GMC Sierra 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Sierra 1500 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Great Truck

Russ, 01/29/2008
K1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I have owned this truck for almost ten years, I have replaced the battery and one front brake job, so obviously it has been a very reliable truck.

One great truck!

RW, 05/13/2008
C1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought my k1500 new in 98 with the 4.3 and 5 speed. It has never once stranded me. I consistently get over 22mpg on the highway after upgrading with a throttle body spacer and air intake.

Awesome Truck

GMC Lover, 05/13/2009
K1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought truck new with 18 miles. This 4.3 5speed has been the best auto I have ever purchased. I have only had 3 sets of tires on truck, still have original motor. Very reliable on both short trips and long hauls. No rust on body that I can find. Best thing I did to truck was to have a spray on bed liner. Would love to own another truck like it some day.

Easy Glider

pgwhite, 07/19/2003
K1500 SL 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

Reliable truck with plenty of hauling power. Comfortable interior. Had to address small transmission leaks and rotors had to be replaced at 60,000 mi. but other than that I am happy with it. Never stranded me even in -30 degree weather.

1998 GMC SIERRA

slim Jim, 06/30/2002
K1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Great truck, esasy and fun to drive. The vortec engine is a dream compared to what other manufacturers put out.

oddities

dave 42, 06/15/2002
K1500 SLE 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

at 40000 mles the U joints had to be replaced at my cost. brakes are terrible, slow stopping and frequent replacement. 12 miles per gallon with mid size V-8 engine poor fit and finish on the interior wheel bearing replacement now needed 60K

51050