Used 2009 GMC Envoy SUV Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Envoy for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Why did they stop making the envoy

big red, 12/31/2009

I have owned new suv's for almost 20 years. Many makes and models. The envoy is the best in it's size. Where else can you find a 4x4 that will pull over 5000 pounds and still have all the creature comforts. I was driving a low mileage trail blazer when i found out they were stopping the envoy and trailblazer. I immediately started looking for a 4x4. it took almost a month before the right suv and deal came in. Why GM stopped making it is one of many reasons GM is in trouble. They felt that the Acadia was a replacement...Go drive one and you will find out how bad it's visability is and lack of towing.

Great vehicle

Jim Nolan, 04/01/2019
SLT 4dr SUV (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2009 GMC Envoy. I pull a 22ft Key West boat with it. I would like to replace it but can't find any SUV under $55k that will measure up to my Envoy. Its very comfortable and is a great vehicle.

2009 4WD GMC Envoy SLT

RMS, 01/08/2009

I enjoy the upgraded cabin and seating. Controls are very ergonomic, and bluetooth is a real plus for this car. Sound system is top notch. Good acceleration and braking. 4WD is a dream. Broke the SUV in with a 2000 mile trip and initial gas mileage was 18 mpg for city/highway. GM finally got the Envoy/Trailazer right, and they discontinue it. Go figure.

Good, but more could've been done from '02-'09

wns808, 08/30/2011

Used to have an '09 Envoy SLE 4 wheel drive, loved the car but due to financial reasons I traded this vehicle in for a more affordable, efficient vehicle. The drive was smooth, Bose stereo was good, even a Hitch came standard although I never used it.

Love My Denali

Shay, 07/21/2009

We had a 2007 Envoy Denali and liked it so well that when our lease was up we purchased a 2009 Envoy Denali - Cream of the crop - dependable, decent gas mileage and ride. No problems here!

Needs more cup holders

John, 03/02/2010

This vehicle only has 2 cup holders for driver and passenger. The trailblazer has 3. There is only carpet for your left foot bump out on drivers side. The trailblazer had a cover over the carpet. The drivers seat is to big. It makes it difficult to get at the pockets in the door. The front bumper is flawed. There is no foam behind the bumper. In two spots where there is a support the metal pushes against the bumper causing it to bulge out. Car was only 2 months old when this was noticed. Dealer was suppose to replace bumper but they bondo'd the bumper. You could see where it was bondo'd. I had a fit.

51050