Used 2006 GMC Envoy Consumer Reviews

Used Envoy for Sale
Select your model:
12345...14

Pros
Cons

2006 GMC Envoy 4.2 I6

Ian Brown, 04/13/2015
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I used to have a Jeep Wrangler with the 2.5 liter engine and the AX5 transmission. Tons of fun to drive, but the transmission is not a drivers transmission, I smoked two of them before trading it for my Envoy. The 4.2 I6 feels stronger than what GMC gives it credit for, the Envoy has a tighter turning radius than my old Jeep! And it is absolutely wonderful to drive! It has excellent driving manners, and you can feel vehicle response in your feet and hands with nothing left vague. My cockpit space feels luxurious and my daughter cant quit raving about the lavish wood grain interior, ventilation, leather seats and well appointed use of chrome. I don't miss my jeep in the least.

Great Car for the first 3 years

envoydenali, 03/01/2011
Denali 4dr SUV (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This was a great car for the first few years. I bought it new a month or two before the 2007's came out and got it for right around invoice price. The interior is nice, performs well, tows well (but I've never towed anything super heavy). However I started having problems shortly after the warranty ran out. -At 40K the fuel level sensor went out, the dealer wanted $700 to fix. I had it done with a $35 part from ebay and $200 labor. -At 72K the transmission went out, $2300 -At 92K the engine had to be replaced, $6700 -At 93K the throttle sensor had to be replaced Even though it was great at first, the last 1-2 years have made me regret buying this car.

2006 GMC ENVOY SLT

CJAvon, 05/17/2006
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Have been driving my Envoy for three months now, had Jeep Gr.Cherokees for the last three years so that's my basis for comparison (maybe a bit unfair). The Envoy has a smoother ride but the difference in power vs the V8 Jeep is like night and day, towing my 2500 lb boat was sluggish. Head room is tight with the sun roof, only 1/2" headroom (i am 6 foot)with the seat down full. Very comfortable to sit in and visability is good. The floor mats are on the cheap side. 2nd row legroom is better than the Jeep. I get 18.7 mpg average with 85% highway driving. Considerably less expensive than the Jeep so if you can do without the towing power I would recommend it.

In the shop every 2 months! ouch ;(

3magana, 12/07/2012
Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car looked so amazing, and being young my husband and I thought we needed a beautiful car like this. It w as 6 months old when we bought it. Fuel card gone out twice. The air bags that lift the car got a leak and had to replace with normal shocks. (Expensive!) Air conditioning went out driver side. Front suspension needed replaced, would not turn. Not all our issues list :( NOW: All of a sudden when driving home from work, at night, my headlights completely turned off! I thought it was just a one time thing but happened a week later with my kids in the car on the highway! Oh my goodness...I am so upset, haven't driven it at night or hardly at all.

2006 Envoy Denali

William Michael Scott, 03/03/2019
Denali 4dr SUV 4WD (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought an Envoy Denali 4x4 Feb of 2018. Truck had 121k miles - one owner and the car had a solid maintenance record. I paid $6k for the car and I was worried it wouldn't be worth it as an older car with miles on her. I am 13 months in and I have not had a single issue. Heat works great here in Chicago where it's been -40° C/F. Car is smooth and quiet with minimal road noise and no vibrations or rattles. Very comfortable towing 4,200lb boat. I made upgrades to the radio deck and having Bluetooth and Android auto is great, also added a dash cam and back-up cam to keep her current. Car accelerates well from a stop and moderate speed and does it smoothly. Has very little pick up from 65-80mph, even less from 80-90. Rear seats need to be adjustable, but folding down seats in the back works great for my three dogs. I am hoping this truck continues to treat me well. I would recommend a well maintained used Envoy to anyone.

12345...14