Used 2015 GMC Canyon Consumer Reviews

2015 GMC Canyon

Pros
Cons

Great Truck!

Jonny See, 11/15/2015
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned this truck for 6 months and I am very happy with my purchase. I use it as my daily driver because it's comfortable, quiet, has decent gas mileage (21mpg), and also has power when I need it. The exterior looks great and the inside has more than enough room for my wife and 2 kids. I've had no major issues with the truck. So far SO good! Update: 11/15/16... So far SO good!

Great truck, good value overall!

zeniac, 01/26/2015
SLE 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Switched from a full sized Silverado with no regrets. Although I have only driven it 400 miles, I know it was the right choice. It is comfortable, quiet, and reasonably appointed.The box is a bit narrower (about 6in), but with the 6.2 ft box, you can still haul quite a bit of stuff. The V-6 is strong, but a bit loud when pushed. I got just over 25mpg on the my first extended highway trip driving at speeds of 70-78mph which was quite impressive for me. The pricing is also quite competitive, and you can get a very well equipped truck around 30K, my sweet spot. I will update once I get more miles on the truck if my opinion changes as I get more miles on it. 02/01/17 - After 42,000 miles on my Canyon, I am still in love with it, it has proven to be a great truck and I plan to drive it at least another 40,000 miles before trading it off.

Impressive New Addition...

B L, 07/14/2015
SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

... to the mid size truck market. Have had my 2015 Canyon 4 x 4 SLT about 2 months now. Have used it mostly for city driving other than a 1500 mile trip to Northern CA and Northern NV. Averaged 23.9 during the trip and averaging 20.2 overall. Very comfortable for long trips, smooth ride for a 4 x 4. Controls user friendly, and thank you GM for making a nav system that can be used by a passenger while driving. My RAM 3500 and Jeep GC had nav systems that were unable to use during vehicle movement. Great looking truck and no issues thus far.

"Mid-size truck" with big power

Philip Poemoceah, 10/19/2015
SLE 4dr Crew Cab LB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Lot's to like about this truck. Comfortable and quiet overall. It has got a lot of towing power and payload capacity with great gas mileage. More city driving than highway but overall 20.7 mpg on regular gas. Good acceleration. Really like the backup camera. The interior does have a lot of hard plastic so change tends to rattle. The seats feel good and firm on long trips and the road and wind noise level is very good (quiet). The problem is that the steering wheel rattles and the dealer has been instructed not to fix it. This is a problem with both the Canyon and Colorado models and is noted in the GMC technical Document ID: 4089969 dated in February 2015 . Very annoying with the quiet interior. Other small interior problems were fixed by the dealer but this one instructs them to wait until GMC defines a fix. A bad mark on an otherwise nice truck.

What a GREAT truck!!!!!

numberguy, 01/30/2015
SLE 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This truck exceeded my expectations. I was unsure about going from a full-size to a mid-size truck and after driving this truck for a few days I will never go back! The V-6 gives you plenty of power and the transmission has crisp shifts. I have the All-Terrain off-road package which has a surprisingly smooth composed ride. The steering is precise and and handling is top notch! Best of all parking is a breeze!!! The interior materials give a sense of quality and the cabin is well insulated from road noise. GM did their homework when they designed this truck! Let's face it size does matter and the 2015 Canyon is the right size at the right time!