In response to COVID-19, many dealers are offering at-home delivery.
and ask for details.

2020 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

Save as much as $6,746
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Stay away for a while

Former Acadia Fan, 01/09/2020
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

As much as I wanted to love my Acadia Denali I just can't. I purchased it in September 2019 and it has been at the dealer since mid November for various issues ( Navigation, Radio, Touchscreen, Emergency Parking Brake, Noise in the rear, defective Headliner, Defective weather seal). It is really a beautiful vehicle, but the early production ones definitely have a quality issue. My hope is that it will get better in due time, but right now I just can't recommend it. I had a 2017 Acadia Denali prior to the 2020 and loved it thus the reason I got it again. Unfortunately, at this time I just can't recommend this car.

serious accident

Valarie Stewart, 03/17/2020
SLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I only had my Acadia 2020 for about a month and some ran a stop sign in front of me going 60 mph! I had my dash cam on. It was awful!! Every airbags deployed. The other lady involved had to be taken to the ER while I walked away with just a black eye. Everyone who watched the video says THAT Acadia saved your life!!!

Smooth Ride

Kevin, 11/28/2019
Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

I have tested just about all of the midsize suv vehicles and this car by far has the best ride quality. The new transmission makes a major difference. Plus, I like that the suv isn't as large and bulky as some of the other vehicles in its class.

Ad
Build Your Acadia
Build & PriceGMC.com

Exactly the right size - great car!

JD, 03/05/2020
Denali 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

Pretty pricey... but it is the right size, not too big and not too small. Traded in a 2019 Tahoe - it was also a great car, but too big and "trucky." The Acadia handles more like a car - much more responsive and quicker. Wife is primary driver and she loves it!

Missing Features

2020ACADIA, 10/17/2019
Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 9A)

The 2020 wasn't in stock so it was delivered. I wanted to buy American. Mine is supposed to come equipped with Heads Up Display. I paid for the feature, it shows on my window sticker and all other paperwork. The hardware is missing for the feature entirely. Spoke to another 2020 owner and his model was missing hardware for the emergency collision braking. Mine has the lane change alert and emergency braking. I don't think the lane change alert and emergency braking works properly. Doesn't seem to detect when I leave the lane or come too close to the vehicle in front of me most of the time. It isn't an issue with the settings. I told the dealership about the missing feature and so far they are confused without explanation or resolution. When I ordered the vehicle I saw a big flat surface between the buttons of the GPS. I though that was a touch pad but it is just dead space. The GPS screen looks dated compared to other vehicles with a large flush glass panel. Also the gaps between the interior panels are too noticeable. Only the drivers floor mat has a hook to hold in in place. All the other mats just slide around. The shuddering from the start stop feature is extremely noticeable so that must be disabled. There is a nob that allows the driver to switch between 2wd and 4wd. There is no setting for intuitive AWD that stays in 2wd and switches to 4wd when slip is detected. Also the pricing for this model is higher than what I consider superior models; Subaru, KIA, Hyundai, etc. I hope other 2020 owners have a better experience.