Used 2016 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 GMC Acadia Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Acadia model:

Comfort and Safety over Economy
By Jack Stolzberg

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you are a family person wanting the safest ride for your kids or grandkids as in my situation, this GMC Arcadia was the right choice. Except for a defective part installed at the factory, the car has been most reliable and dependable. While using the fold-down third-row seat, it was perfect for the long ride to Disneyland with the children using the optional Wi-Fi and their own air conditioner controls, made it a pleasure for the adults. There was still plenty of room for storage of the luggage and a snack cooler. A great AM-FM radio/CD sound system with aux input and satellite radio. Conveniently placed 12volt and USB connections. And the best safety feature of all is the built-in On_Star telephone/navigational system that gives me the great​ comfort my better half is never alone while out on the roadways.

Another Great Acadia!
By Wayne Walker

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is fun to drive and has everything I want in a SUV. This is our third Acadia and we have never been disappointed.

Love the Acadia
By Janet Tate

2016 GMC Acadia Denali 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is my third Acadia Denali and it is the best vehicle. Comfortable, easy to drive and great gas mileage. Have had this one for 2 1/2 years and 62000 miles. We do a lot of traveling and on the interstates we get 23 miles per gallon. Best vehicle yet. This is a 2016 Acadia Denali purchased new in November 2015.

Great family vehicle
By Celeste

2016 GMC Acadia SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2012 Subaru Outback that had terrible engine problems - head gasket at 69k and a blown engine (threw a rod and spun a bearing) at 81k - despite regular oil changes and strict adherence to the maintenance schedule. I needed to get into a vehicle that is good in the snow and would have a useable third row (for my older teen children). I looked at the Honda Pilot and Toyota Highlander, but their 3rd row seats are useless. I know a few people that have GMC Acadias and love them. I did some research and settled on the 2016. I picked up my 2016 SLT-1 2 weeks ago and am really glad I chose this vehicle. First off, my kids love the car and the ride. They love the amount of space they have in both the rear and the third row - so much more than my old Outback. The ride is very comfortable - it soaks up the bumps on the road really great. When I was researching this vehicle I noted a few important things - the Acadia and the Ford Explorer both have 3rd row seats however, the GMC seats are much easier to fold down - which is really handy when you're trying to load groceries or other items. The Nav has road alerts which is really nice. The back up camera image is large and crisp. If you want blind spot warnings, you have to make sure your vehicle is equipped with it. I think it may only be available on the Denali trim level in this model year - I wasn't aware of that when I bought the vehicle, but I'm okay with that. I found that it drives like a big car rather than a truck. This is really impressive to me since it's such a roomy vehicle. It's really bright inside with the twin sunroofs. My kids like that they can listen to a different radio station than I am. The air conditioning gets cold really fast even in hot weather. It doesn't have Apple Carplay - something I'm also okay with. Even though it's a couple of years old, it still has a decent amount of tech in it to make it interesting. I can't wait to take it in the snow.

Great family vehicle