Skip to main content

$37,775

Save as much as $269
Select your trim:
12345...7

We have a limited number of reviews for the 2022 G70, so we've included reviews for other years of the G70 since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Simply stunning!

Austin Roberson, 08/16/2021
2022 Genesis G70 3.3T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I drove an Audi S5, BMW m340i and hesitantly - I decided to go with the G70. Having had it for a week now, I am in awe of everything from the build quality to performance. What started as a decision solely based on cost savings has turned into an affection for the brand. And having switched from a Tesla model 3, I am blown away by this vehicle’s performance. Its an absolute machine. Downfalls include the partly digital cluster, though you get used to it quickly. I think they could clean up the interior by getting rid of most of the chrome, but we’re splitting hairs at this point. I love the G70 and arguably will be a fan for life. Not to make sure they keep their promise on the service side and hopefully, this amazing warranty holds true too. Time will tell but I’m in love.

fits like a glove

PlainOTX, 07/03/2021
2022 Genesis G70 3.3T 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I took a test drive on the highway and then around a few city turns, then looked again at the features on the window sticker and the drive-out price and asked my sales person where to sign so I could drive it home asap. The G70 got my attention back in 2020 but at the time we opted for the Accord 2.0, which is no slouch, because of price and practicality as the grocery getter. This time, for our 2nd car, the G70 with advanced package and RWD sat in the sweet spot. The exterior looks even better after the refresh as does the dash. This machine is beautiful in and out. I also had to make sure my golf bag fit in the smallish trunk and it did. I drove MB and Audi between '06 and '20 and while I loved them both, the price/performance ratio on this G70 can't be beat.

Value proposition in Sport Sedan cagtegory

Gman4me, 06/27/2020
updated 01/11/2021
2020 Genesis G70 3.3T 4dr Sedan AWD (3.3L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am a former BMW 540 with M package, BMW 435 with M package owner. My Genesi G70 3.3 prestige package lease is $140/month less than my previous BMW 4 series, a 5k savings of 36 months. Even if you check off every option on the BMW, the Genesis offers more for less. Many Thoughtful features abound such as brake hold, and passenger seat controls on drivers side as well as in the conventional spot for the passenger. Fuel economy is commensurate with a turbo 3.3L engine. Handling and steering are strong points with tires being the weak spot when driving aggressively. Engine is a bit coarse sounding at higher revs, not buttery smooth like the BMW inline 6. Adaptive cruise control works smoothly, and lane keep assist on the highway is way better than in my Audi Q5 or Porsche.. I would recommend this car as a daily driver for sport enthusiasts. In addition concierge service is excellent. They pick up my car and leave a loaner when service is needed. Car has been problem free in the last 13k miles. 2 Months after leasing the car Genesis sent me a carry on Travel Pro suitcase as a surprise gift. BMW nothing, Porsche a T-shirt. 18,000 miles later my review stands as written. Concierge service is a treat, Highway miles are fatigue free due to combination of adaptive cruise and lane keep assist. Great highway mileage. 28 mpg at a steady 75-80mph. With over 300 hp that’s impressive. Interior is holding up well with no signs of wear. Zero reliability issues or recalls.

Build Your 2023 Genesis G70
At a Glance:
  • 1 Trim
  • $39,150starting MSRP
BUILD & PRICEGenesis.com
*Optional features shown. MSRP excludes tax, title, license and destination charges. Destination charges may vary. Dealer sets actual price. Vehicle displayed may contain optional equipment at additional cost.

Bought 2.0T AWD to replace muscle commuter

ducatisl, 10/21/2021
2022 Genesis G70 2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Riding in a friend's GV80 with Highway Driving Assist immediately convinced me to look at Genesis. I seriously do not like long drives and traffic so thought I'd replace an optioned out 2018 392 Challenger with something that could help make long trips and lines of traffic bearable. My initial concern was that I'd miss the 392's acceleration so I test drove both a 3.3T and a 2.0T, but to be honest, I didn't feel there was a huge "street legal" difference in performance between those two Genesis engines. In full disclosure, I also own an 1100 rwhp Camaro, so my yardstick pushed the 2.0T and 3.3T's performance well to the left of not simply the 392, but definitely that of the Camaro. Public streets being what they are, especially with rush hour traffic, I couldn't justify the extra $9k for a 3.3T AWD. Give me that Highway Driving Assist to deal with long trips, an AWD powertrain to deal with poor weather conditions, and the best factory sound system. Those 3 items can be found with the smaller engine, but I will say, the Lexicon sound system is not as good as the Harmon Kardon's found in any of the BMW/Dodge/Mercedes/RAM vehicles. And that's a shame, so one star off. I will say, in support of the 4 stars, that every day I drive the G70, I like it more and more. I was briefly considering a WRX, but the Genesis definitely feels more substantial, better built, comes with the best tech this side of Mercedes, and has more efficient powertrain. I do wish the 2.0T models had some of the features the 3.3T has, like HUD, buttonless trunk opener, digital key and...well, that's about it, and those aren't deal breakers for a car that does 12 miles (30 minutes) per day. This is a great 3 series type car, and that doesn't even consider the price point, so yes, great car!

What a fun ride

Polestar, 01/08/2022
2022 Genesis G70 2.0T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

2022 2.0T Advanced AWD. Aesthetically beautiful inside and out. Base engine has plenty of pep for me, with a nice purr. A drivers car so you’re riding low in the seat, which adds to the fun. Takes corners like a dream. Driving assist for long stretches of highway driving makes for a more pleasant experience. Trunk is small given spare tire and battery placement (fits a golf bag diagonally). Nice and tight overall with a firm ride but not harsh. Gets lots of looks!

12345...7