Used 2000 Ford Windstar Minivan Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan

View reviews for a specific Windstar model:

Not up to par
By j knight

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Power steering went out at 59,000 miles. Not covered by warranty. Transmission went out at almost 100,000 miles. Steering control is poor on this vehicle. Removing seats very difficult. Paint finish (red) chips off easily. My '93 Escort had a superior paint job.

Money Pit of Vans
By Doug K

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

I purchased this van used, with 39K miles. My family had outgrown a SUV, so we went with the Windstar. After 2 months, I needed a power steering pump. Now it is making that groaning noise again. At 53K the transmission completely failed. It cost me $2,200 for a rebuilt, and Ford told me that they would not help. I am getting rid of this van as quickly as possible. I may never buy a Ford again.

Interior room is good.

Standing behind their products when a massive drivetrain failure occurs at only 54K miles.

It's gonna cost you!
By costmemoney

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SEL 4dr Minivan

Purchased with 32K. Had Windstar for one year and felt a "thug" on transmission. Thankfully I bought an extented bumper to bumper 3 year warranty for $1,800. Tranny went at 37K! Would have cost me $2,300. Now the front windshield wipers work only on the "fast" setting, passenger seat belt doesn't work, electric side door has problems closing, interior lights go on whenever. Paint on roof rack peels, engine is loud. I bought this car for my family; need the room. It looks nice and its interior design is interesting for the passengers. But, if you plan on buying this car make sure you buy a least a 3 year warranty. If you dont you will spend at least $2,000 in the first 18 months. Good Luck!

Rear backing sensor. Paint job is very shiny.

Transmisson and electrical modifications are needed.

The Ford Windstar
By Andy

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

This Windstar has 26,000 miles. She runs great! This is our second Windstar and they keep on getting better. The legroom and headroom is much better than the Freestar's. I give this car a 10!

This van is very comfortable and there is a lot of room! Oh and it's not a Freestar!

None!

Next van will not be a Ford.
By payton

2000 Ford Windstar Minivan SE 4dr Minivan

Only reason for buying van was the low price I aquired it for & having 3 children. All kinds of things were replaced under warranty (previous owner). At 40,000 miles a valve spring broke! As of now, 5 yrs old; engine light showing, rear side defroster not working, driver door lock not working electrically, passenger sliding door rattles & paint peeling! Glad I didn't purchase it new. Wish I had not of purchased it at all.

All the bells & whistles. The leather.

Rear seat needs to move back further. Needs 2 more speakers in rear. Better quality control cut-n-dry!