Used 2016 Ford Transit Van Consumer Reviews

Used Transit Van for Sale
Select your model:

250 with Diesel Great Combo

scott boersma, 05/15/2016
250 Medium Roof 3dr Cargo Van w/148" WB, Sliding Passenger Side Door (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2016 Transit MR 250 with the 5 cyl inline powerstroke engine. The power is very good and it is quiet too. C&D magazine was right, the 6 spd transmission shifts seamlessly with the diesel engine and the bigger disc brakes are very effective yet not grabby. I was pleased with the ride and performance from the test drive onward. It handles the road without much leaning and smooths out the bumps. Seating is a little upright but not uncomfortable. We got the rear windows only in our Cargo van. The split mirrors are very good and generally visibility is very good. The only blind spot I have would be eliminated by glass in the sliding door. Ergonomically, It is tight getting in and out of the seats and the rear deck is higher than anticipated. I added a side and rear step but, the Ford side door step is painfully narrow. The bluetooth works well and sound quality is good. The 6 speaker stereo is worth it if you like music. The back up camera and back up alarm work well together combined with the mirrors and rear glass I have no trouble backing anywhere. Mileage for the diesel engine has been 16 mpg around town. We have yet to make a road trip. UPDATE : The Van continues to perform well. Absolutely no regrets choosing this truck for our recreational hobby vehicle. Lots of room in the mid size (length and headroom wise) for dog agility and large RC aircraft hauling. The ride and performance is still better than expected. No repairs needed to date.