Used 2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Ranger for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

I show mine in car shows

ghost ranger, 01/24/2009
SPORT 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my truck I have been showing in car shows for three years. It is fun to drive and runs good.I think that Ford is wrong for stopping production on them. I have had six new cars since 1999. This is the only one I would buy over again but I can't because there not going to make it anymore. I am sure I am not the only one.

Great Truck!

Terry, 12/29/2008
XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside LB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love the little truck. With a 4 cylinder engine, I can only wish that it had more torque. I shouldn't complain when I'm getting about 29 miles to a gallon on the highway.

Left me Stranded again

MikeZ, 04/10/2009
XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My ranger has 36500 miles on it and the air-flow sensor broke on it leaving me stranded before work. The warranty ran out at 36000 so I had to pay for everything. (towing, engine work). At 35000 miles the transmission had to be rebuilt. Luckily the dealership took care of that. I just don't trust it anymore. I'm trading it in.

Best value for money

SurfCity, 01/04/2008
SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought an 06 Ranger sport model which my son uses to go surfing, camping, and I use when I need a truck. No problems after 2 yrs. Sharp styling, and is priced considerably below Toyota, Nissan. I bought the truck for the price listed in the newspaper. Good handling, no frills, but good functional truck and best for the money on the market. Sport model with extended cab is very popular with younger crowd.

Ranger provides basic transportation & utility

Scott Cormier, 02/06/2007
XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overall I'm very pleased with my new Ranger XL. I owned a 98 model previously and my experience with that truck was certainly a determining factor in this purchase. Admittedly, the performance of the 2.3L I4 is a bit sluggish; however, what it lacks in pickup it more than makes up for in fuel economy, especially when paired with the stick shift (I've actually averaged 30 mpg a few times). The exterior is more business like than beautiful; which suits my needs. Rugged stout build provides a less than smooth ride but reassuringly capability (hey! it's a work truck!). Excellent reliability so far and as a mechanic I can say; it's all a matter of proper maintenance and not abusing the vehicle.