Used 2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ranger model:

gutless wonder
By steve sawyer

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab SPORT 2dr Regular Cab SB (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The motor I have (3.0) is way underpowered, when any load is present. Also the fuel milage when going up any hills or with any weight is terrible. I should have bought a full size pickup. The one thing that is great is the reliability is great. The truck is bullet proof. The air blows ice cold and I've never had an overheating problem, and I live in No. Arizona and spend a lot of time in 110-117 degree. this truck is a great little truck for running to the hardware store and doing arrens

Nice......
By Kelly stratton

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Great truck...gas mileage could be better for the 4cyl auto trans. Upgrade the tires to 235/70-15 to give it a little more height. Second ranger I've owned an think their great trucks
Still own the truck since the last review. Still believe it's the best truck I've ever owned....NEW UPDATE...Now at 180,973 miles with very little mantiance truck just keeps going and going. So sad they stopped making them other wise I'd buy a new one.

Edmunds
By Bart Mormino

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XLT 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Reliable,clean looking,functional. Poor fuel mileage,tires were to small, constantly losing traction,235-75-15 work better than 215-70-15. Rough ride. Transmission always tries to find itself.

Ford product-Mazda

Better sheet metal,better seats, 4 speed auto

Left me Stranded again
By MikeZ

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

My ranger has 36500 miles on it and the air-flow sensor broke on it leaving me stranded before work. The warranty ran out at 36000 so I had to pay for everything. (towing, engine work). At 35000 miles the transmission had to be rebuilt. Luckily the dealership took care of that. I just don't trust it anymore. I'm trading it in.

Nice little truck
By Shane

2006 Ford Ranger Regular Cab XL 2dr Regular Cab Styleside SB (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I went from an old F-150 to this, and being 6'3" it was definitely as step down in size. That being said, I fit in it and it gets a lot more mpg's than my last truck. It is quiet and fun to drive.

The nice seats (gray and black, don't need covers) and the included bed-liner. Everyone complains about the black plastic bumpers, but I like the design. They don't need to be fancy, just do their job.

It feels a little underpowered (going up hills at 65 mph). It is only 4 cylinders, so I have to keep in mind I'm driving something with half the power as my last truck. I would make the door handles more sturdy. They just feel cheap, like they are going to break.