2018 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

My second Mustang, but not my last
By Paul A.

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First, I "downgraded" from a 2014 premium V6 pony package to the "base" 2018 ecoboost. Originally went into the dealership to get an oil change, but my internet sales rep (who sold me the V6) made a deal I couldn't pass up - between trade in, dealer incentives, and good research, he found a car that cost me zero out of pocket, and I maintained payments very close to the 2014. First, this car is fantastic! I waited through the 2015-2017 models to finally pull the trigger on this one. The 6-speed manual is smooth and notchy, the steering feel is great in normal, and I almost always drive it in sport plus mode. Fuel economy is great on 89 octane (I've averaged 28.7 mpg from driving off the lot, and average 26-27 mpg daily driving - 60/40 freeway and city). As for performance, wow! The turbo lag is noticeable, but torque is felt almost immediately after 200 rpm. Power does seem to drop off around the 5K range as reported, but I'm usually in the next gear way before redline (this is my daily driver). There is plenty of power for passing, and it seems even faster than my mildly modded 2014. The cloth seats are comfortable, with good bolstering, and the useable trunk space is awesome; my wife and I took a road trip to Vegas, and were able to load a weekend suitcase, two medium duffle bags, several boxes of food and beverages, and still enjoyed the round trip. Creature comforts were awesome, as my pony has the SYNC 3 system. Not only does this give me Apple car play, but dual climate control and other great features. The back up camera is great, but the new Mustang does not suffer visibility issues found in the Camaro and Challenger. The car looks great, is a blast to drive, gives all of the performance you want in a Mustang, gets fantastic mileage (oh, I average over 32 mpg during the Vegas trip), and comfortable enough for even the occasional long distance trip.

I Can't believe this is a Mustang
By Shawn

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

It is been over 20 years since I've been inside of a mustang period since then, I've had numerous European, Asian as well as domestic sports cars. Never would have imagined a mustang be parked in my driveway. To say I'm impressed with this vehicle is an understatement, the fit and finish workmanship and performance are noteworthy to say the least. The V8 along with the active exhaust performance package, and myriad of electronic safety features as well as limitless dashboard configuration and lighting options, it's absolutely fantastic. I much prefer manual transmissions so again I was completely surprised but I selected the 10 speed automatic or the manual, but this transmission is a game changer. He got ours completely loaded to include the lane keep assist as well as emergency braking along with every other feature offered. This vehicle is the complete package and is one of just a few of the almost 72 vehicles I have owned, that I look back at sometimes after I park it. Love the lines. Negative is a backseat room and trunk could be bigger, beyond that this is certainly a world-class sports car.

A superb update to a great car
By James Walker

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The tweaks to the 2018 Mustang make it a true performance machine. The back seats are completely useless as seats, so expect that up front, otherwise a truely fun, powerful car.

First Time Mustang Owner
By Gerald

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought the Ford Mustang Ecoboost. It comes well equipped even in the basic options (without the premium package) It handles exceedingly well. The exterior styling is fabulous. Sometimes I come into the garage at night just to look at the car. The trunk is spacious. I am still getting use to the entertainment technology options. The Ford Sync technology is very helpful especially since my State has a "hands free" law with regard to cell phone usage. I feel like I got a lot of car for my money. I am very pleased with this Pony!

Mid-life crisis car
By Michael

2018 Ford Mustang Coupe EcoBoost 2dr Coupe (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Always liked and wanted a Mustang. Kids are grown and wife said if you really want one let’s look. Found a magnetic gray one with ecoboost and 101A package. It gave me SYNC 3 with the big screen radio without having to get the premium package since I did not want leather. Drove home 6 hours after getting it and got 33-34 mpg going 70-75, not bad for a 310 hp Mustang.