Used 2014 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

Mustang Expert
By Adrian

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Ok so I bought my car in 2014 when it was "brand new" so ive had it somewhere between 2-3 years and the odometer sits at 38,000 currently. It is a v6 3.7, the power that these cars put out for what it is is phenomenal. It is beyond a step of the older generations of course. I have raced GT v8s of the older gens and have either stayed equal or passed them up by a bit which is quite impressive considering those don't get the gas mileage that I get. The interior of the car is great but definitely could be better, if youre comparing to the 2015+ years then it feels old and outdated of course but its still a great and comfortable interior. The only downside id say about the interior is that the plastic does creek, its annoying but probably repairable if youre dedicated enough as well as not much back seat space but if you bought or are buying this car for a family car then you need to get your priorities straight. Another thing that kind of bothered me is my water pump went out at about 30k miles (probably just faulty from factory because others never had that issue) and my warranty covered it so I cannot hold that against Ford. But if there is one thing that I do hold a grudge is that my local dealer has poor customer service, and it seems that everytime I go there its a bunch of nonsense with them but I digress. Overall if youre looking to get the best of both worlds for a sports car that you can daily drive then this is your car, the options you can throw on later down the line if you choose is almost endless, they make performance and styling parts for this car like crazy so you could always make your ride unique to you if you choose to, and its pretty affordable to if youre comparing it to other things out there.

Car is great. Interior, not so much.
By Liz

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had an '05 GT premium throughout college and beyond. Red with red leather interior... it was BEAUTIFUL. And until the transmission blew after just 80K miles, it drove like a dream. After shelling out $2k+ for a new tranny, I decided to bid adieu to my beauty and get something more practical. I guess I used that term loosely because that was a '14 Mustang V6. As far as the engine goes, the only thing I missed about the V8 was its rumble. The V6 has more than enough power and is fun to drive!
However, the interior is a different story. My advice to anyone looking to buy a 2014 is to pay the extra grand or so and get a premium. It is WORTH IT. I made a big mistake by getting the base model. I thought it would be OK because I'm not really into all the bells and whistles, especially on a Mustang (it's all about that engine, right?!) , but the quality of the interior is horrible. Everything is plasticy and cheap: the chrome accents in the dash are plastic (really, Ford?), the dash also looks like someone just snapped it together, there's big gaps everywhere. Because of this, it makes a ton of noise. Every time I pinpoint and fix a rattle in the dash, a new one emerges. I used to love to turn off my radio so I could listen to the engine, but now I have to blast music when i drive so the constant rattling doesn't drive me nuts. I'm at the point where I want to sell the car. Ford, please fix this in future Mustangs. The base models don't need all the bells and whistles, but they deserve to be made with quality that matches what's under the hood.

Super car
By Jccables@gmail.com

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Great little car with a few extras in it that the base model doesn't have.

Picked up 2 mustangs for the price of our one sedan prior. Wife got this one and I picked up a 2010 with a v6 5speed.

Hers has way more options and goodies on it and seeing her grin from ear to ear when we bought it made the whole process worth it.

This car is up on power but let me say that with a stick these cars are nearly identical on acceleration.

There are slight differences in the 2 bodies and the major ones come in the form of features... sequential tail lights, Bluetooth, sync... her car has enough to keep her spoiled with no navigation which isn't necessary for her.

The zip from the motor is awesome and the cornering on hers is phenomenal.... very fun to drive :)

Great job on the updates ford

14 Body Style Coupe
By Joseph Hayes

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Mustang lends itself to an endless list of personalization/customizing! So many sources and never a dull moment
How many other models of any make have 50+ years of continuos production? Not Many! It's a popular car because it's FUN

Awsome Car
By Adam

2014 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Let me just say I have always thought mustangs were over rated. I never accualy owned one until now and I see why they are so popular. I traded my 2007 toyota tacoma in to get my 2014 Mustang convertible priemium v6. It is black with black convertible top and black leather seats. Its a gorgeous car. Nothing but complements were ever I go. It handles great and has awsome acceleration when needed. For a convertible it does not have much road noise compared to other hard top cars and trucks i have owned. Very solid builtbuilt with great entertainment features like ford sync and the interchangeable underglow coloring lights under the dash and the instrument panel. Surprisingly larger trunk space than expected with a convertible. Only complaint i have with the entire car is the non rear seat space. Also got the car used with 32k miles but its covered still under ford warrenty plus the tyotoa delearship i purchased it at gave me an unlimited mile engine power train warrenty for life at no cost.