Used 2013 Ford Mustang Coupe Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Mustang model:

corrosion on hood
By gersomlevi@att.net

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

on my 2013 mustang there is bubbling on the front of the hood. Ford will not cover repair as my car is out of warranty, even though the corrosion took place while the car was under warranty. (it expired a month ago). After reading on internet, several owners have had the same problem with the corrosion/paint bubbling happening around 36k miles or just after warranty expired. This is a Ford Problem, not a maintenance issue or where the car is driven. Do a search and you will see. Do not purchase a Mustang with aluminum hood or you will end up paying about 2k to fix it yourself. Ford takes no ownership of this problem.

corrosion on hood
By gersomlevi

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

What an awesome machine ...
By JScotty

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. This car is all about V-8 acceleration, aggressive styling, and rough-around-the-edges American nostalgia and attitude. It's about the mechanical beauty and intoxicating exhaust note of the Coyote 5-liter V-8. It's about feeling a little bit like Steve McQueen every time you drive to work. And it's about your kids actually wanting you to drive them places. The Mustang GT is not perfect, but nothing else quite compares - it's more of a state of mind than a car.

Buy the premium package with the 401A upgrade and you have little to complain about in terms of interior appearance and materials. Still some hard plastic, but hey, this is not a BMW. My wife has one of those and the interior is nicer but you pay dearly for it.

My only complaint is as follows (who buys a car like this and then complains about gas mileage, noise, or rear seat accommodations?): The interior storage spaces are not well-designed. I can't keep my sunglasses or anything else useful in the door pockets, since as I don't have suction cups on my fingers, retrieving them is a two-handed operation involving scraped knuckles and bad language. The cup holders are horribly placed for a manual transmission car. The first month I owned the car I kept deploying the console bin lid with my elbow. These things make little sense to me in a car that's built mainly for the fun of driving. But that's really it.

V6 6speed
By Taylor

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe V6 Premium 2dr Coupe (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I am the second owner of my car, I got it for a fair price for a base V6. I have no bluetooth or navigation but there are buttons for them on my radio. I went to the dealership to ask if i could have the Bluetooth connect ability put in the car, they said they could put something aftermarket and have a sensor on my dash for around 400 bucks, i was not pleased with this response and needless to say I wont have that installed. Other than that there is an auxiliary hook up in the center console but no smooth way to have my phone out of the compartment attached with to the cord.

Pony up for fun
By Chris Walls

2013 Ford Mustang Coupe GT Premium 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 6M)

As a past Trans AM owner I decided to come over to the Ford Mustang. The car is a kick to drive, quick and responsive thanks to the stability computers. The seats are comfortable even on long drives. The ride is a little bouncier than I would like due to the stiff suspension but it is certainly not rough. I like to play with this Pony a lot, love the feel of that 302 getting it done. The MPG avg. stays right around 22, so you have a range of about 340 miles.

The Retro look which is just stunning. The Shaker Sound System with great base and hearing the V-8 symphony. Quite when it should be and loud when it counts.

Decrease the road noise which is a bit more than I like. I realize this will add weight however I think there is some room here for making the Mustang a bit quieter.