Used 2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews - 136 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Fusion model:

My Car Is Crap!
By Nesa

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Make sure you test drive it a good 15 miles before you decide to buy it. I have had nothing but problems with mine. Some easy fixes, some not. Every time I get something fixed, something else seems to be wrong. If you can afford multiple problems, then buy it. If not I would personally look into something different. Coming from someone whom has only had there car 4 months!!!

Amazing and reliable vehicle
By Emilee

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Update one year later: Still in love with this car. Only problems I have had so far is the axle which I replaced, and the O2 censor which I still have not replaced yet. And this car handles horribly in snow. But it's still going strong hasn't quit on me yet, very reliable and amazing car.

Very reliable
By Chris

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Overall the car has been very reliable. It's been 4 years now that I've had the car and i only have a few complaints but none that are major. My few complaints are the cheap quality paint and the cheap interior. I take good care of my car and since the time I've had it the paint has started to form rust bubbles and is chipping on the trunk. My windshield sprayer stopped working, passenger side dash is popping up along with the plastic piece on the windshield vent. However im very pleased with the powertrain. It's been very reliable and still runs like ot did the day i bought it. I got it with 65k miles on it and it now has 138k miles and is still running strong. I haven't even had to have a tune up on it yet. The 3.0 V6 is a great engine with some good pep to it. The transmission has been very reliable too.

Camry or Accord......think again!
By GoFusion!

2008 Ford Fusion Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Let me start this off by saying that this is my first car. My dad owns a black '09 Fusion with the sport package, and I loved the way the car rode, handled, and looked. When shopping for one, I searched for one exactly like my dad's, and I ended up snagging a red '08 Fusion with the same sport package with 85k miles on it. This car was previously owned by a Ford technician, and it drove like one. The trunk is huge....enough to swallow multiple bags of mulch from the Home Depot. Excellent front seats, a unique yet fresh design, and bulletproof reliability merely adds to the multi-talented nature of this car. The Camry had worse reliability and reviews for the same '06 to '09 period as this car, yet it sold by the thousands just because it was a Toyota. The thing I like the most about my Fusion is the handling, as it is extremely neutral and gives excellent feedback of the wheels and road alike. My biggest gripe might be the 2.3 liter four banger under the hood, as it only produces 160 hp. Or it could be that some of the paint in the front started to peel after having it for a year, but a new paint job could fix it. That said, the five-speed auto transmission gives crisp upshifts, and makes the car feel a bit faster than the 158 lb-ft torque rating suggests. I've had no problems under the hood or with the quality of the build, plus after three years, it has aged beautifully. This car should last me a very long time. And when it does expire, I know exactly what my next car will be......and it won't be a Camry!

2008 Fusion SE sport