Used 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
Select your model:
12345...19

Pros
Cons

Watch out for DCT auto transmissions

Unhappy Ford owner, 10/06/2015
Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Had a 2014 Ford focus se hatchback with DCT auto transmission. This is a great vehicle other than the transmission. Transmission would at slow speeds hesitate, shudder, jerk back and forth, go in and out of gear, and had metal sounds ( like silverware clanging) coming from under car. When I would take off from a stop you never knew if you were going to go or shake and shudder for 2 to 4 seconds sometimes more and then go. Sometimes it felt it would stall but never did. When I bought this car it did none of this at first and it started to do this after 5 to 7 thousand miles and progressively got worse. Had it in shop at Ford to fix and it was much worse after reprogram. Talked to Ford about it again and was told that the shuddering could never be totally fixed and would always be there due to nature of transmission. I told them I had looked on the internet and saw that this was a common problem and that it doesn't seemed to be able to be fixed by Ford and that I wasn't happy about this. At this point they tried to get me into another Ford vehicle but did not give me a good trade in value for my 1 year old vehicle (I wonder why???). It was the one chance the Ford dealer had at keeping me and they screwed up so I traded my vehicle in somewhere else. All the money I've spent on service visits repairs and new tires (4 sets) over the years on other fords I guess didn't mean much. I am now giving my business to a company that has very good reliability ratings for their vehicles so hopefully I don't run into this again. If looking at this vehicle for your next car do your homework first. Traded focus in for honda civic and have had zero problems.

transmission issues that they will not fix

eileen, 01/04/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2014 Ford Focus has major transmission issues-"shudders' to the point of stalling. No one will fix it.

lemon lemon lemon

mavoiture2014, 05/03/2015
Titanium 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6AM)

Transmission is terrible! It hesitates, jerks, jumps, shudders and is unsafe. I bought this car brand new and the issues are becoming increasingly worse. I have had it in for repairs and the service center assured that it only needed "reset". It operated slightly better for two weeks. Then warning lights appeared stating that the transmission was too hot. So there I was with a brand new car and left stranded in a traffic jam. I purchased this car to alleviate stress of car problems and for the safety ratings. I made a terrible choice.

Shuttering Take Offs

Penny Boyles, 06/05/2016
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 76 year old mom bought her a Ford Focus brand new. The road noise was terrible - to the point you couldn't hear the person sitting next to you talk. Cresent Ford in High Point NC kept saying there was nothing wrong. I went to the dealership with her and after much conversation and driving the model above - Ford Focus Hatchback - she decided to trade. She got an extended warranty to cover the car during the entire loan. Now this car is doing the same thing and more. The road noise has increased - similar to the previous Focus. In addition, the car has a shuttering when you excel from a stop. We took it back and after several months waiting on a part - the dealership fixed the problem (so they said). It has only been a couple of months and the shuttering has started AGAIN!!!! I'm going back with her again. They are going to fix this car or give her one that doesn't do it. Dealership wouldn't make it right. They said it was "normal" and was not anything that needed repair. If that was the case, why did they try to fix something that wasn't broke? We was able to work with another Dealership - Modern Nissan - in a trade. She now drives a Toyota Camry and is thrilled to be rid of her Ford headache

transmission nightmare

C Rowland, 12/10/2015
SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2014 ford focus has become the biggest purchase regret. Just to start i live in ga with one of the strictest lemon laws. My transmission started having issues around 25,000 miles just outside of the lemon law guidelines. Our family car has been in the shop 6 times in seven months. Total days in shop over 75 days. Our ford dealership says repairs done are only according to ford motorcompany guidelines. They are only as good as what they are given. This was my answer the service manager gave me. Contacted ford and was given a refernce number to have a customer service manager to call me. She did.. Told i would hear back after she spoke with dealership manager. Over a course of three weeks and leaving her three voicemails i never heard back. Fourth week i made contact. She actually answered the phone. I asked why???? Her reply....i need to advise you your lemon law in the state of ga. There is nothing we can do for you. I was blown away! Now i have contacted the bbb auto line. No help lemon law in ga is one of the strictest i was told. We will contact ford for you but u are really at a loss. I drive a ford truck as well and love it. It will be my last. Buyer beware.... Ford did not back this customer. The ford vehicles i own now will be my last.

12345...19