Used 2014 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 66 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Fords Junk
By Jerry

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Warning do not buy this vehicle. I have driven Fords for years. Never again. replaced fuel pump and fuel tank and now I am being told I need to replace the clutches. on a vehicle that has 50,000 miles on it.

Never again
By C Wayne

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus is currently waiting for it's second repair of the all-too-common transmission shudder issue. The first fix (which was performed when the car was in the shop for an exploded A/C compressor) lasted about 1 week and the issue came back. I just lived with it until the other day when the car revved up and stopped moving while driving. Luckily I got into a parking lot where I checked everything I could look at out and restarted the car. It drove normally to the closest dealer who couldn't see me for days. Went to another dealer today and found it needs a new clutch and TCM. Dealer has no idea when the TCM will come in so the car sits....oh, and when the parts are in it's only gonna cost $1500 to get it "fixed". Ford should be ashamed of themselves for this transmission and lack of support.

NOPE!!!
By Paula P

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

You couldn't give me another Ford. Bought this with 2,200 miles on it and had it to the dealership 2x with exactly ZERO help from them or Ford. I guess the only positive would be that it would definitely put a crying baby to sleep with all the jerking, vibration and abnormal noises it makes while driving. It is down right embarrassing to even have passengers in this vehicle and drive down the road. I don't understand even with a car over two years old they still don't have a solution to this unacceptable reaction to just pushing the acceleration pedal. This could get 50mpg and I will still say NOPE!

Horrible transmission issues - little support
By Unsatisfied

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Let me preface this review by saying we have purchased a lot of Ford vehicles in the past 15 years. This, without a doubt, will be our last. The 2014 Ford Focus dual clutch transmission is nothing short of abysmal. We have replaced the clutch 3 times already and the cars is not even 2 years old. This is not due to harsh driving, weather conditions or lack of regular maintenance. We take great care in maintaining all of our vehicles. The clutches last approximately 5000 miles before the horrible vibrating/shuddering starts again. When changing gears at low speed, the car violently jerks and is difficult to control. We have reached out to Ford Customer Care many times and the only solution they offer is to cover all clutch replacements up to 50,000 miles. How about recalling these defective transmissions and stop putting peoples lives at risk? I plan on selling this car long before the 50,000 mile warranty is up and buying a Toyota or Honda instead. Very disappointing Ford, very disappointing indeed.

LEMON!!
By Tara W.

2014 Ford Focus Hatchback SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

2014 ford focus, had the clutches replaced in 2015 and still shudders. Got a lawyer and filed a lemon law .....got a settlement from ford and now they have extended the trans warranty to 10,000 miles. Just took it in for a TCM update as per the letter from ford (transmission control module) service adviser told me it will never be perfect but it will help. Even with the new clutches last summer it was shuddering again, what a piece of junk.