Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

Used Focus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...34

Pros
Cons

Good dependable car

mike, 08/19/2017
ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Currently have 290,000 miles on my car that I bought used in 2007. I average between 28mpg winter and 31mpg summer. It was an Ebay rebuilt wreck purchased from pictures only and I have been happy with this car for the past 10 years. Original engine and transmission although the engine has been making a idle ticking noise for the past 100,000 miles. Oil changes every 5,000 miles with cheap oil, whatever is on sale. Alternator went out at 250,000 miles, fairly cheap to repair yourself but difficult to remove. Center console broke but repaired broken plastic stops with epoxy putty. Rear driver wheel bearing go out at 100,000 and every 50,000 after that. Finally had the rear passenger wheel bearing go at 200,000. Radiator replaced at 60,000 because screws came loose on the fan which then cut into the radiator, possibly from the rebuilt front end from the wreck. Easy to replace the radiator yourself as with most cars. Major annoyance is the a/c is intermittent because the a/c clutch needs repaired but that didn't happen until 250,000 miles. Also, the air deflector switch gets stuck. The floor flap door gets stuck in the open/close position. The switch seems to be a common issue so watch for that issue. Easy to replace but it will break again if you don't fix the sticky flap. Seat fabric is holding up well even after so many miles. Has some squeaks and road noise that you would expect from an entry level car. Good power and good reliability.

Just Buy The Car

Lou, 10/09/2005
ZX5 S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just Bought a 2006 Focus SE. Have 1500 miles on it. This car doesn't drive like a small car; it is comfortable and has a quick response when you hit the the pedal. Handles like a dream and feels at home on the highway. Gas mileage isn't as promised but isn't far off. I am averaging 24 MPG city & 30 highway. So far I am very happy with the car.

2006 Focus ZX3 2 dr Hatchback

starrynight548, 08/24/2010
ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, especially how easy it is to maneuver in tight areas. Brakes are noisy, took it in for check up & was told squeaky brakes were normal for this car. I do wish I got better gas mileage, and wish the back seats would fold down flat (as the dealer assured me they would, but they don't)

Focus ZX3 S

dan, 07/13/2006
ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car about four months ago, and I have no complaints, other than I wish I got one with AC. For what it is, which is a cheap, entry level car, it's a great value. Very fun to drive on back roads, and can pass decently on the highway if you drop it into fourth going 60ish. Manual transmission and clutch are good. Acceleration isn't blistering by any means (I have the PZEV version, with only 130 horsepower), but it's fun on windy roads. I love how the back seats fold flat, cause it give my dogs a big area to hang out. I installed front seats for the 2004 SVT focus, which I'd recommend, since the ones that came stock weren't too supportive. I get 23-24 mpg, all city driving.

Functional and Sporty

Jay, 02/16/2006
ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Although the look is nice, the best way to sum up the Focus SES is function and performance. The value you get upgrading from SE to SES is well worth the incremental price increase. On the performance side of things, the SES Focus is very sporty. The steering and suspension are tight and responsive, with rock solid cornering for a car in its class. It's a sports car "feel" in an economy package.

12345...34