Used 2001 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews

ZX3 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (93 reviews )

Lemon
By Kaitlyn Marie

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I paid $3500 for my 2001 Ford Focus with 60K on it. 2 years later, I've put $2900 into repaires alone @ 93K. My car might have very well just been a lemon, but I wouldn't ever buy a used ford again. Get a Honda or a Toyota. Do NOT waste your money! I love the look of my car. If I didn't have to constantly repair this car it would be great.

Keep America rolling 911 car
By Daryl

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This little One Owner yellow Focus was well loved from day one. I never lose it in a parking lot. It was purchased just after the attack on 911 to keep America rolling. It still runs great after 162,000 miles. It has had a few expected repair issues over the years. The biggest repair in 2014 the fuel pump was replaced. "Car blows a fuse and stalls when the fuel pump is going bad". 2016 Current known defects - A/C failed for the first time, passenger power window sticks unless you open the driver side door. Small one inch rust spot on the hood and truck edge. Minor oil leak. Otherwise I still love the car. The seats are comfortable. It is a little noisy but it is a small car.

White Girl
By kara

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car from November 2007 to July 2016. The owner before me had sold it to me for $3,500 with 75,000 miles on it. He was moving to Germany for a new job and couldn't take it with him. I was about to graduate high school so my mom bought it for me as a gift. The interior and exterior were in excellent condition, except the headlights had a cloudiness to it and later on the thermometer gage got weird. I switched out the radio, because it was too old school. Too bad it didn't stay that way, a few years later on the highway a heavy chair fell out of into the lane I thought I would be safe from it hitting me, so I had a dent on the side near my headlight and then my moms coffee spilt everywhere on the passenger side so speckles on the ceiling from that. Around 2014 my air stopped working and living in Florida its miserable but I didn't want to pay to have it fixed. Then in March 2015 after driving it for an hour my car made a really loud noise like a shotgun. Turns out my radiator is bad. Although my gage goes from red back and sometimes back to the middle and there's a little smoke coming from under the hood after starting it up. I'm still able to get to where I need to go 10 mile radius of course. Repair isn't necessary because its how much the cars worth. I'm not the type of girl who wants all the gadgets that come in a newer car so I love it. If it didn't have a baby on the way I would get another one. Since my husband bought a mini cooper s before we were married, its time for an suv.

Very good car
By Dave Feil

Great car
By J alsl

2001 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first car it is a great car its winter and i live in the country and it does great! It's a 5 speed with a Sunroof that opens with a crank it runs and drives great and easily shifts. I got it with 94k and it has 95k great car!