Used 2015 Ford Fiesta Consumer Reviews

Used Fiesta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

What Happened to Ford Quality?

Don G, 08/19/2017
S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have bought Fords my entire adult life. Six of them to be exact. My current Ford Focus is now 16 years old with 98000+ mile on it. It has never broken down and has only had two items that needed repair. A sway-arm bushing and an ignition switch. Anyway, I was very pleased my daughter chose to purchase a Ford as her first new car. A 2015 Ford Fiesta. It has been nothing but problem after problem since she got it. A month or so after she bought it the parking break push knob broke, and the passenger side seat-belt retractor stopped working, requiring replacement of both. When she picked it up, she noticed that the mechanic had scratched and gouged the plastic console surrounding the parking break and shifter, so she had to schedule another appointment to have that replaced. Again when she picked it up, the airbag light was now on, apparently due to a lose plug under the passenger seat (from replacing seat-belt thing). That also required a day to fix. During the first year, she has the interior plastic molding around one of the back windows fall off, the exterior plastic molding around the other back window fall off, the rubberized "cover/strip" that goes around the windshield is coming off, and the plastic "skirts/fairing" around the bottom of both seats has broken. Last February I noticed that the front end of her was bouncing around a lot going over bumps, so I told her to take it to Ford. With less than 5000 miles on it, both front shocks had failed. This to me in unbelievable! In June she was hearing noises coming from the left front of the car, back to Ford again. This time a wheel bearing and the left shock both failed. I've never heard of such a thing. Now, just today, the airbag light is on again. Next, the transmission! Since she bought it, both she and I have on several occasions, noticed that the transmission did not feel right. Slow acceleration/hesitation for the first 2 or 3 three seconds when leaving a stop. Very slight shuddering when leaving a stop, and sometimes when coming to a stop. Ford has told us that this is normal and/or they were unable to reproduce the problem or that it did not meet the threshold for repair. I admit, it does not do it all the time, but it is annoying when it does and in my opinion it should not be doing it at all. Lastly is value. She bought the car with extended warranty for $23,000.00, it has something like 18000 miles on it and according to Kelly Bluebook it has a resale value of around $5000.00! She cannot sell it or trade it on another car because she still owes $15,000.00 on it. We are aware of the class-action lawsuit against Ford for the transmission problems, and will make a claim. But even with what she might get for that, she will be forced to keep the car until she pays it off. Now it is just about time for me to replace my car and I find myself wondering if I may have to look elsewhere instead of Ford. That makes me sad.

First Ford

MWProud, 07/01/2016
S 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned to many cars to count. Ford was not my first choice when buying new last year. That said, I must admit that I really like my little Fiesta. Of course it does not have all the bells and whistles of the other cars out there but for the money it's great. The S model I purchased is 5 speed manual with the 1.6 engine. It also has(get this)roll up windows and regular key entry. Aside from a couple of quirky cosmetic items this car has been a real find. Overall pick up is strong enough to allow smooth entry to highway speed. It cruises right along at a comfortable 70-75mph without a hitch. The steering is a bit loose but tolerable considering the cost of the vehicle. Shifting is easy with a slight hang-up going into reverse only. I am not wild about the body style but it is one of those cars that says, "You won't find a Rolex in this glove box". In other words it deters would be thieves. Mileage is good, handling is good, quality is good(so far)and my Ford dealer is really good. With all things considered I would rate this car 8 out of 10 for overall value per dollar.

Feels like a MUCH larger car

Ted Schmitt, 07/30/2015
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

First, I will preface this by saying that I traded a Miata for the Fiesta ST, so yes this car feels MUCH larger than it is. I bought the ST with the Recaro package, and I can understand how some people would say that the seats are uncomfortable, especially if the person is of larger size (I'm 5-9 and 175lbs). These seats grip you like velcro in ALL situations, especially hard cornering - try them BEFORE you buy the car. I love them, but I drive "enthusiastically". They take some getting used to in the getting in/out process and I can easily understand how some would hate them. I'm 54, and after a Miata they are really NO problem. The 6-speed manual transmission shifts like rowing a knife through honey, with very smooth clutch action although it does engage a bit close to the floor (this might change with more wear). The 8-speaker stereo does sound a bit tinny or thin on sound, but money spent with Crutchfield will fax that eventually. The exhaust note, while louder than lesser Fiestas, is not quite as "racy" as it could be given this car's mission, but that is entirely my opinion. Handling is top-notch (again, I came from a Miata), being extremely smooth and predictable. Corners can be taken at MUCH higher speeds than you think the car will handle due to the roll stability control (which can be switched off); you would swear it was rear-wheel-drive with gobs of grip. The car car has numerous safety-related add-ons, none of which I will address here - I didn't buy the car for being safe. If you're considering it, check out Ford's website or Edmunds for the list of standard safety equipment. The best thing about this car? Turbo power. The rush from the Ecoboost engine is absolutely ADDICTING. That, combined with the engine sound coming into the cabin will have you feeling and driving like you're back in high school (and I mean that is a good thing). Bottom-line, if you want some "civilized" performance while being able to carry three passengers and you want to buy a domestic car (yes, I know the Fiesta is assembled in Mexico) with top-notch quality, your search ends here.

2015 Ford Fiesta SE sedan

seanheusdens, 06/10/2015
SE 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Fiesta is very nice little car. Comfort issue are in back seat even in sedan, which are better then the hatchback model. Nice size trunk in my car.Performance and Build Quality issue are only in the weird shifting transmission. The voice SYNC system is also a small problem. Get Ford My Touch I wish I wish I did get that option in my car. Maybe I need to get flash drive stick and upgrade my Sync on my car Still a very good car in first 2000 miles.

Superior hot hatch

Dan, 08/16/2015
ST 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I wanted something that was more fuel efficient than my lifted '05 Wrangler (which I traded in for the ST) that would be fun to drive, practical, and would not cost me a fortune. After extensive research and test driving 32 different cars over the span of a little over a year, I chose the Fiesta ST. This car really hits the sweet spot of efficiency, performance, and practicality. If I want to drive it hard this car is more than willing to play. If I want to be efficient, this car has no problem taking it easy. I particularly like the 6sp manual transmission feel and the VERY responsive brakes. Although my car is not tuned for greater performance, the aftermarket is booming for this car as well. In mixed driving I get 32.6mpg with 93 octane. Although I have not had the opportunity to take it on a long road trip I'm very confident that if I use the cruise control and drive it intelligently, I could easily hit closer to 36mpg. I drove similar competitors from Subaru, VW, & Fiat...the Fiesta ST was the clear hands down winner. I'm currently at 7K miles and am stoked anytime I get to drive this car anywhere. Truly outstanding in the hot hatch 4cyl turbo class! Strong suggestion: try out the Recaro seats before committing to buy the vehicle. I tried both Recaro & regular ST seats and opted for the regular seats. While Recaro makes excellent products, the seats in these get tight from side to side if you are normal to above normal width. **February '17 update*** car has 26K miles and has been flawless. Zero issues, zero extraneous trips to the dealership. With proper snow tires (General Altimax Arctics), this car goes through snow better than some AWD cars on all-season tires. It's shockingly good. The only downfall with this car is that with a growing family, this will not be a forever car as I will need something larger probably within the next year or so. Still, a great car and am very impressed with the overall quality. The small backseats are really the only downfall at all. **August '17 update** 32K miles. Still great! **August '19 update** 60K miles. Still doing well. In the last 3 months have had 2 repairs covered under warranty: a canister valve issue (fuel delivery system) and an HVAC repair/replacement for a blend door actuator. I have found this blend door issue is VERY common amongst many Ford products and some other domestic brands. A little frustrated that something so basic & essential broke, but otherwise car is in great shape. **August '20- 70K miles and not putting on a ton right now due to Covid-19. Still running great, no problems at all in the past year. Routine oil changes, brakes, etc. Still runs like it is brand new. You can pick these up in the used car market for cheap. Do it! These are GREAT cars. :)

12345...7