2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-250 Super Duty model:

Love My 2017 F250 But...
By SaberCat77

2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab King Ranch 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my 2017 F250 King Ranch 6.2L PS 4WD. There are only 4 things that bug me about the truck. One is that the close up/blind spot mirrors do not have tight enough adjustment. So every time I was the truck and clean the mirrors they have to be readjusted. And the brake dust on the factory brakes is horrible. I clean my wheels and 3 days later they look bad. I am about ready to just go buy some NAPA pads (that's what I used my 2001 F250 for years) and put them on. Additionally, there is some kind of ghost issue with the driver's seat. It's hard to say how often, but approximately every 20-30x I get in the truck the seat never readjusts it just stays in the exit mode. When I push the preset button it goes back into the right position. Then about 20-30x later it does it again. Lastly, is that the WiFi sync update takes forever, even with a good WiFi signal.

Will exceed your expectations of a HD truck
By R Austin

2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

This is my first ford truck and I can say that so far it has exceeded all of my expectations. With the government constantly making emissions more strict on diesels, I was concerned with how this would effect the overall fuel mileage. My combined mileage is between 14.1 to 15.3 city and 18.8 to 20.2 on the highway (6.7L with 3:55). I acknowledge that the truck is far from broken in and the mileage still fluctuates depending on how and where I'm driving it. I have used it in bumper deep snow and 4+ inches of mud during different driving situations and would describe this truck as an off road beast. Also, the FX4 option puts your mind at ease, as to what is under it as well. The ride is what you would expect from a heavy duty truck, firm but not unpleasant. Even with its high stance, the truck is not difficult to enter or exit with the factory running boards installed. Don't waste your money on the factory Ford floor liners, they are terrible... I would like to see Ford change the instrument display to show, engine temp, transmission temp and def level all together, as they are individually displayed on the menu option. As I test drove each of the Big Three before buying this truck, I feel I made the best choice and now understand why they are the best selling HD trucks 41 years straight.

Powerful
By Luis Gonzalez

2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

I have 1000 miles on my new F250 Lariat. Great truck. Before I had an F150 and there is no comparison regarding the power. Ride is stiffer but not horrible. Interior is well appointed and all controls are intuitive. Rear seat room is enormous. Did I say this is a powerful beast? I use it to tow a 7000 toy hauler and it doesn’t break a sweat.

Owned them all and you know why Ford is king!
By NMFORDMAN

2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Let us be clear on two things: 1) I have owned every manufacturers truck, save the imports, so I can speak to Fords' edge from a point of real world experience. 2) These are trucks! They do not drive like cars, have fuel economy like cars and cost is HUGE! Mine is the 6.7 Powerstroke, no option to select that above and I have logged less than 500 miles so far, so reliability is based on my previous experience with 7.3, 6.0, 6.4 diesels and the chassis they were in. Once you get out of your Chevy and sit in a Ford, the reason they have been on top for all these years is apparent. Ford does trucks like no one else period. The interior is well thought out, the controls easy to use, once you get around all the technology, and the build quality exceptional. The materials are top notch and the fitment is great. At this price point, sticker of $73K, one expects that and should settle for nothing less. It has more gadgets, some useful some not, then the latest phone loaded with Apps. Equipped with the FX4 package the ride is firm and you will know when you hit a pothole, but for a 3/4 ton pick-up I am amazed at how smooth it is. The latest generation of the 6.7 is responsive and extremely quiet. Real world MPG without towing combined are in the high 17's, just two mpg off my gas powered 1/2 ton Silverado! That is impressive for a truck this large. People who complain about fuel economy need to get a reality check. I remember the days of a straight six in a F-100 averaging 13 on a good day cruising the highway. If there is one definitive about driving it, my wife thought it was easier to drive then the Silverado or the Ram! For someone who drives a mid-size SUV which could just about ride in the bed, that says allot.

Front end disaster
By Richard Prochaska

2017 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab XLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.2L 8cyl 6A)

Our 2017 F250 diesel had right at 16,000 miles and was just 1 year old when the steering started to shake so bad it was not drivable over 30 mph. After 3 visits to service department and no satisfaction we traded it off for a Dodge. We have driven Fords for 50 years and have never been told that we did not know what we were talking about. The service manager even told us the truck was unsafe to drive but would not fix it. He claimed factory reps that looked at it could find nothing wrong.