Skip to main content

Used F-250 Super Duty for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
2.63 out of 5 stars

2008 F250 Blown Motor

remax5915, 06/22/2011
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I kept reading post after post on the internet about the 6.4 and wondering if my day would come? Well here it is. My $58,000 truck with 126,000 miles on it, with no warning except for the temp. gauge climbing, which I immediately pulled over and stopped trashed the motor. Guess I knew after Ford adandoned the motor after only three years I was in trouble. Shame on you Ford!! Thanks for no help and a $17,000 repair bill..........

3.63 out of 5 stars

Warning of issue with Ford Diesel Engines

dianas1, 11/14/2012
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

Ford corporate recently told us that we need to test the diesel fuel every time before filling up our 2008 Ford diesel F250. This occurred after contaminants were found in the fuel and we now have up to $12k in damages. The truck has less than 70k miles and this is the second time this has occurred (first at 24k). Truck still under warranty. No abnormal driving, primarily highway and occassional pulling of a 3 horse gooseneck trailer. All scheduled maintenance, including fuel filters, was regularly performed by a Ford Dealer. No warning lights came on before engine shut down. Through postings on diesel forums and leasing associations, we are hearing this is not an uncommon problem.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Good ol' Truck

Mike Bowman, 03/10/2015
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I now have just under 130,000 miles on this truck and I have hauled tons and tons of rock, 5th wheel, and a car. I have had nothing but great performance, no repairs, and perfect reliability. I have the V8 and it has been able to haul everything including a couple of times overloaded with ease.

3 out of 5 stars

I wish I had not gotten rid of my Dodge!

Welder, 05/07/2010
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty FX4 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck used in 2009, had 20k miles,I have had to take the truck into the dealership 3 times due to the check engine light. The firts time I towed our toyhuler I blew a head gasket, we spent over 6k in repairs within the 1st year of owning this truck. This is the first FORD truck I own and I have a feeling it will be the last! I owned a 02 Dodge Ram 1500 and NEVER had to take in to the dealership for anything but regular maintance. Oh yeah almost forgot the MPG sucks.

4.88 out of 5 stars

New Super Duty

Jim, 02/06/2007
2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty XLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.4L 8cyl 6M)

I've only had my 2008 F250 a short time but I'm really impressed. It is a lot of fun to drive. It tows our trailer without any problems. I've had it out into the Texas Hill Country which was a good test. This summer I'll try it in the mountains. I still don't have a feel for MPG and diesel prices are higher. I'm hoping that my first impressions will be lasting ones. So far it's a fantastic truck.

12345...9