2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

2016 F150 2.7 EcoBoost Is The Real Deal
By BZ

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I have never owned a Ford truck before in my life, always been Toyota trucks for years, dont get me wrong, Toyota trucks perform fine for the needs of millions, but not for me any longer..I decided to move into a more powerful towing option. This time I gave The Ford 2.7 twin turbo option a try along with looking at the LTZ 2016 Chevey Silverado , moving out of the midsize class Tacoma.. . I did not look at Toyota Tundra (The 2016 ) for more then un hour this time because I did not feel that the Tundra was in step with the times ,dated bulky design not worth the price for it.. Well.. I went with the Ford V6 2.7 ecoboost & man after 2000 miles I am 100% sold on this remarkable engineered machine.. Wow. It looks great It drives great & you get V8 Power in a V6!!! Unbeatable.. This Truck will exceed your expectations if your looking for a middle of the road commuting /Towing truck 8500 pounds... This truck is a winner & blistering fast & the REAL DEAL for the best value for in a full size truck for all around uses. The 2017 I believe has not been changed in the V6 2.7 Why would they!

New 2.7L Lariat
By Garrett

My father recently purchased a 2015 King Ranch with the V8, and shortly after a buddy of mine bought a 15 lariat with the 3.5V6. I went in to a Ford dealer one night here in Denver just to check it out, and ended up leaving with a 2016 lariat 2.7 with the Ecoboost. Could not pass up on zero percent financing with some other pricing options! I love the truck so far. I have just over 3000 miles on it and am averaging 19.3 mpg. I have had one pretty major problem however. The engine was making a very annoying whining sound. I took it in and they actually replaced the entire front differential. They explained that they used a cheap metal at one of the plants? This was obviously very annoying to go through with a brand new truck. However, it sounds amazing after they fixed it and I have had no problems since. The truck is much quicker than you would expect, and the interior is extremely luxurious. I would say this f150 is second to none and well worth your money.

once you pay! have a good day! bye bye.....
By brian

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XL 4dr SuperCrew 4WD 5.5 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

first time in my 46 years bought a brand new vehicle. I was getting to tired of lying on my back in my driveway on my day off working on one of my old trucks. I wanted reliability. I've also owned "many" ford trucks in the past. I was a longtime self employed landscaper. anyway I bought this as a personel daily driver vehicle and drove off the lot and truck was great, a few hundred miles or so and the transmission starts banging. I go to the dealer and they tell me its a "self learning transmission" and should adjust to your driving style to enhance shifting and longevity. 5000 miles later and three trips to the dealer and they say "that's how its suppose to operate" and can't do anything...great, now I got a $40,000 truck that shifts worse than my 1979 ford fairmount that i owned....also had problem with two loose pins in two different wire connectors resulting in two additional dealership visits....the truck is 9 months old....i'm not happy and there's nothing I can do about it but write this review.............great!

Beware- Ford drastically changed their front seats
By RSW

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 5.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

So it was time for a new Ford. This would have been my 4th F150 in so many years. What is the #1 reason I stick with ford trucks? The big comfortable captains chairs that everyone likes. Plenty of long range comfort, etc. So I test drove the new 2016 F150 (Lariat), fully loaded. First impression, the seats were considerably firmer than my 2014. Very stiff. Almost like Ford decided to be more "sporty" instead of comfy. Within 5 minutes my lower back was uncomfortable. Why? because the seat design has built in lumber. Oh it's "adjustable" but even at it's lowest setting, it has massive lumbar built in. I can't begin to describe my disappointment. Ford took the best thing about their trucks and decided to go sporty. The seats are smaller, and plainly less roomy and well.......big. Way to go Ford. Just lost my business.

a pickup that is second to none........
By Brad J

2016 Ford F-150 SuperCrew XLT 4dr SuperCrew 6.5 ft. SB (2.7L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

I will be the first to admit I will be somewhat biased with the Ford F-150. Reason being I have owned an F-150 ever since I was able to drive. Nevertheless it must be stated the amount of improvement from 1995 to 2016 is unprecedented. I have also owned GM cars and trucks as a secondary vehicle over the years...and I have rented many cars due to my employment. Comparing vehicles in general you will be very happy with a 2016 F-150. It used to be only guys needing trucks would get a truck and rightfully so..this has changed. The 2016 F-150 handles well, rides decent, great interior, and overall a great looking truck. The one downfall when comparing to rivals is the infotainment system. I hate it. I live with it however because everything else is second to none when it comes to rivals. The engine choice I went with is the 2.7-I went with this engine choice as I sometimes need to tow and haul yet this truck is also my daily driver. I needed an engine that would be middle of the road when it comes to being practical. I do NOT regret picking this engine. I have had other V-8's from Ford and the 3.5 Ecoboost. The 2.7 is a great middle ground pick. Great horsepower, mileage and when I need the power it is there. It also must be said the 2.7 is amazingly quiet and smooth. If you have liked the 3.5 Ecoboost from Ford's previous generation you will love the 2.7 engine. I will say however if you tow serious weight-the 3.5 will still be the way to go. For the rest of us I cannot say enough great things about the 2.7. Forget the V8 is what I say--however--I have had friends tell me (the ones that cannot bring themselves getting a V-6 in a pickup) the V8 is a great engine. The aluminium I thought would bother me, but I have to be honest-I do not notice a difference-other than the truck handles better, gets better mileage and still holds up to heavy duty applications. All in all you cannot go wrong with picking the 2016 Ford F-150. This is a great truck!