Used 2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific F-150 model:

13 F150 STX 3.7 4x4
By ruffhunter

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased truck new, just traded (9-18) with 96K. Had zero issues! 3.7 had plenty of power. Kept maintenance up. MPG was consistently 17-18, never over that. KBB docked me 1500 on trade-in for having a V-6, which I think is BS. Have hauled and towed stacks of slab wood together with no problem. Really liked the vinyl floor, used with big, deep mats. Just started to get a 4 inch rust bubble on rear bumper that was it. Ohio uses a lot of salt. Truck was ziebarted new, would try line-x next time. Comfortable and drove across country and back. 36 gallon was a big plus. Overall was a great, reliable truck. CONS-Driver door comfort, the rest along the window was two levels. the rear level was very high (im 5'10 and it was almost shoulder high) and always caused my left arm, pinky and ring fingers to go numb. Like hitting your funny bone nerve. Needs to be same as the low level all the way across. Transmission pause. With the new electronic shifting, when you put in reverse or drive, there was always a pause and you could not give it gas. Drove crown vics with overhead lights for 25 years, when the new explorers and taurus were issued the shift pause was worse. Tranny after tranny were destroyed. Rear passengers complained of comfort and limited visibility.

Worst truck experience ever
By Mike Ryan

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab XLT 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Ever wonder why Ford only gives a 65k power train warranty? I'll tell you why. Because at about 70k miles you start to have all sorts of problems with your engine. A month ago, my truck started to run very rough out of the blue, so I took it to Surprise Ford and was told I need new spark plugs and one new coil to the tune of a little over $800. I told them that was and I would get other estimates which I did that were all at half the cost of them. they said they would price match and since I was told by the service advisor at Ford that these eco boost have very tricky plugs and that even their seasoned mechanics drop about 1 out of three plugs into the cylinder heads as they are a two piece plug and if you dont take them out right they will drop and you have to have a special tool to get it out of head, I let Surprise ford do the job. Well I get the truck back and notice that my fuel mileage is getting worse. I only put about 250 miles on it in these 6 weeks so it took me a while to figure this out. I was going to call the dealership and take it back to them to find out why this is happening and also to figure out why I also now had a pull to the right on the steering which wasn't there before. Its monsoon season in Az so I figured I would go wash the truck and get it to the dealership on Monday. Low and behold I was driving home from the car wash and I hear a loud pop like something exploded. I notice smoke coming from my engine compartment and guy next to me is yelling at my saying my truck is on fire. I pull over and get my 8 year old son out of the truck and to safety. The fire went out and only did some damage to the under carriage. I have it towed to Surprise Ford. This is on Saturday Night. Wednesday I finaly get a call from the dealership saying I need a new engine because there is a hole in the block, but can't say if it threw a rod or a cylinder exploded, but in any case its not anything they did and now they want around $11,000 for a new engine. ARE you kidding me? Never again will I buy a ford.!

substance and style
By jerald k. lowry

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

good truck

F-150's Rock!
By Penny

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab XL 4dr SuperCab 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

You will love it!

STX with a BANG!
By Daniel

2013 Ford F-150 SuperCab STX 4dr SuperCab 4WD 6.5 ft. SB (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2013 F-150 STX brand new. I purchased it with the 5.0 V-8 Flex fuel engine and 6-speed transmission. Some positive highlights about the truck are: great power, excellent throttle response, great towing (I towed about 8,500 lbs from TX to KY and back without any issue), spacious interior even with the super cab, plenty of cargo space (6.5 ft bed) and super low maintenance. Some negatives: Vibration between 55-75 mph (after new tires and rims, vibrations persisted. Ford dealerships in KY and TX were of NO HELP) front doors hinges allow doors to open too wide or too narrow. This is an issue parking between vehicles and attempting to open the back suicide door. The center console of the 40 20 40 split bench seats is terrible. No cup holders or storage is offered on the arm rest. Overall, the negative highlights weren't enough to give me a bad experience. This truck offers more than enough for a daily driver without sacrificing its use for special weekend projects or long hauls. The STX package offers the minimum amount of luxury so I recommend it as a work vehicle or as a backup truck.