Used 2009 Ford F-150 SuperCrew Consumer Reviews

Used F-150 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Dependable Smooth Tough

Josh K, 01/26/2016
FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 FX4 SuperCrew in 2012 with 49,000 miles on the odometer. It is now 2016 and my truck now has over 195,000 on it. I drive this truck A LOT, as you can see. This is the first time writing a review for a vehicle I've owned, but I felt that I had to share my experience with perspective buyers. I have changed the oil exclusively with Ford Motor Craft oil and filters based off of the dash computer oil life calculator. I have done all scheduled service either myself or at the dealer. This truck has never let me down. Aside from oil changes and brakes, I have replaced both front upper control arms, front hub actuators, spark plugs, and serviced the rear diff, transfer case, engine coolant, and replaced the tires and battery. In 150,000 miles, I would say that is very minimal maintenance, and I couldn't ask for anything more. My fuel mileage has been consistent since the day I bought it. My transmission shifts smooth, 4x4 engages easy smoothly, and the ride is still smooth, quiet and comfortable. I am updating this now with over 216,000 miles on the odometer, and still no issues with this truck. I am very pleased with the reliability and quality of this truck. If you are looking for a reliable, comfortable and capable truck, the 2009/2010 F150 with 5.4 v8 is the truck for you.

Happy With the F150 After 5 Years

arcticdriver, 07/16/2014
FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Flareside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

I bought my '09 FX4 S/crew 5.4L in August 2009, to date it's been the best truck I've owned. I did have a problem with water coming in the cab through the windshield the 1st year that was promptly fixed, and the a/c clutch went out and was fixed under warranty as well. Other than that it's been a great truck. I tow a 7000 lb travel travel trailer around Alaska and northern BC and it handles towing up incredibly steep and long grades coming up mountain passes from the coast easily. It also handles the 700 km gravel surface Dempster highway going up to the arctic ocean just as well as it does starting and driving in temperatures of -40 or colder. I plan on keeping this truck indefinately.

Quiet, comfortable, & safe cruiser

JH, 10/30/2010
Lariat 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Pulls 34' trailer ok in Midwest but might be tough in mountains. Quiet over bumps. Captain chairs are very comfortable. Feels safe & smooth. Nav/Sync is great. Front doors sound a little tinny when closing. Tailgate step is useful. Can stack 5 dog crates in rear of cab on flat floor. Would prefer quicker steering ratio. Unable to get DRL's so leave headlights on all the time. No problems so far. No excessive oil consumption; mpg normally around 16-17 but only 6-8 w/ that trailer. Tow/haul feature works great. Miss having locking fuel filler. Beautiful truck. Cooled front seats are a nice extra. Might be nice to have a grab handle on driver's side A-pillar. Love our truck.

I keep raving about it!

j.m., 11/26/2010
FX4 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 6.5 ft. SB (5.4L 8cyl 6A)

Yes it's me again. I just keep on reviewing this great truck (read still wowed from 10/13/2010) and still raving about it. Only problem is, I recently had a chance to drive 2 of Ford's new 2011 F150 engines. first was a 5.0 powered Lariat 4x4 with a 3.55 rear. Versus my 5.4 and 3.73 combo, this truck steadily outpaced mine. Torque happy down low for being just 5.0 liters, yet loves to rev and run on the highway. Next was a 4x4 FX-4 with ecoboost 3.5 and 3.73 rear, supercrew 5.5 bed, WOW! Fast! NOT FAIR! Now i will admit the ol' 5.4 seems a lil tepid, after driving these two beasts. Very refined sounding, 5.0 sounds sexy!! I still love my 5.4 powered 2009, but ...

5 years and going strong

james_neil, 08/22/2014
XLT 4dr SuperCrew 4WD Styleside 5.5 ft. SB (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

so far the most reliable truck I have ever own in Canada

12345...13