Used 1999 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Had to do my own dealer trade to get this car,
By Lil

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

Purchased in 1999,new, love this car. Had no major issues with her. still love her. Don*t plan to sell her.

99 expedition of the mid-west
By Shirley

1999 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

There is a common issue with ford truck's. The gear shift shaft went out and if expensive to fix. The truck would not go into park and had to be in nutral to start.

Best vehicle I've ever owned
By shawm

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my baby new and it has 230,000 miles on it. No major problems, only routine maintenance (tires, batteries, brakes, oil changes, tune ups) over 15 years. I had to replace the heater/A/C diverter door at 227,000 miles at a cost of $237.00 at a body shop and now the park lights won't turn off after replacing the battery. Those are minor issues. It's in the shop now and regardless of cost, it will be repaired and I'll continue to drive it. It still looks great inside and out. I love it! I recently purchased a new car due to the high mileage and I hope my new Nissan (not a SUV) is as dependable. Would have purchased another Expedition, but I don't like the new body style.

Best SUV in its class EVER !!!
By jimmyz10

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

this is by far one of the best suv's built in the 2000's. sadly after 9 years we had to let her go,
to get a newer more gas efficient suv, we got our EXPY used from a dealer with about 50k miles, I didn't EVER invested a penny in repairs other than oil changes, new tires (20's for the change of looks only) and smog checks.
this suv had a lot of power, plenty of room, nice looks, design and interior as well as parts well equipped.
my only deception? about 11 miles in city/ 14 in high way, no more! other than that I would be still driving it........

gas mileage, gas mileage, gas mileage

Pleased Expedition Owner
By nate86

1999 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 1999 Expedition Eddie Bauer at a little over 78,000 miles. It had just one owner prior, and was well maintained and cared for. The truck is awesome to say the lease. Stylish, BIG, yet very comfortable to drive, especially on the highway. Gas mileage? It has not been an issue because all I do is drive to school, work, and basic daily errands like grocery shopping and doctor visits. I think that a properly educated truck owner must know that proper maintenance like oil changes, tune-ups etc. are required, just like with other cars. This truck is built very strong and sturdy, and I feel powerful in the drivers seat when I drive it. This is the best SUV built in 1999, bar none.

Stereo system Leather seats Heated seats Size Reliability Black color Eddie Bauer trim EVERYTHING ELSE CD player in center console Can fit my whole family with ease and comfort

The parking break issue, sometimes the truck rolls down a hill if parked on it.