Used 1998 Ford Expedition SUV Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Ford Expedition SUV

View reviews for a specific Expedition model:

Ultimate Truck
By crushchevy

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought the truck in febraury with 125,000 miles on it. Got the brakes fixed and windows resealed. So far this truck is great. It communtes me to and from school everyday, and has always started in the morning, even with -10 to -30 temps. I baby her, she doesn't pull trailers, and nobody drives her but me. I don't let anyone else start her either. It's quite fun to intimidate GM Ethuthusiants at my school, and I think Expeditions look WAYY better than Suburbans. Overall, definitly get this vehicle, you will not regret it.

Limited stock Chrome rims Bright tail and headlights, even for such an old vehicle Leather is nice inside Miles till empty computer and exterior temp Two-tone paint Smooth V8, smooth shifting

Gas mileage (really nothing can be done) bigger V8

ford expedition off road
By jorge9473

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV 4WD

i have 7 years with my suv and im happy because is so powerfull and never stock in the mud,dunes and rocks. last 2 months i already install FOX RACING SHOX 3.0,BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAIN KM2 285/70/17 and EAGLE ALLOYS RIMS series 058 size 17.my truck is color gray,5.4,4x4,300hp,original paint,its like new i only espend 45dlls at week,have only 170000miles. i love ford

I'm a believer
By SpGator

1998 Ford Expedition SUV Eddie Bauer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my expedition in 2004 with 85k miles on the clock to pull my boat. It tows like a champ btw. I had never owned a domestic vehicle (past vehicles-Honda, Acura, Nissan, VW (crap), and back to Honda) so I wasn't expecting much of a vehicle. Oh boy has my perception changed with this SUV. It now has 110k on the clock and it still is extremely reliable. Only issues so far are normal wear and tear items. Heater core went bad around 100k, some corrosion, otherwise, it's been rock solid. I think I'll ride this thing into the ground hopefully at least another 150k miles later :)

Dependable
By Jean

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I bought my expedition two years old in 2000. It had 26000 miles. I just traded it in March 2010. It had 196000 miles. I loved EVERYTHING about this truck except the gas consumption.

Space, handling feel on the road. It makes you want to travel

Better gas consumption, fix problem with child looks. Both my brother and I had the same problem.

Built Ford Tough!
By charleston girl

1998 Ford Expedition SUV XLT 4dr SUV

I have been driving my Expedition for 11 years. It has 146,000 miles on it. I haul kids and my 3 dogs in it. It is the best vehicle Ihave ever owned. It is time to replace it and I am more than likely going to get another one! I recommend this vehicle highly. It has been in the shop very little. No major repairs... Was hit in the rear with 4 kids in my car not one scratch on anyone. The vehicle is like a Mack Truck. Very solid and sturdy. I feel very safe in this vehicle.