Skip to main content

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...16

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great choice!

mt22657, 07/18/2016
updated 07/25/2022
2015 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First off, I have the 2.0 engine but it didn't list that as a choice when starting the review. I bought this car when it was a year old with about 22K miles and paid $10,000 less than the sticker price. So far it is everything I could have hoped for. Plenty of very comfortable room inside for me and my dogs, terrific ride and I'm averaging a between 24-25 MPG combined. Yes, like everyone else I had some issues with the SYNC system but once I figured out what it required from me it's been trouble-free. You can't force it to work a certain way just because you want it to. I'm looking forward to driving it in the snow and expect I won't be disappointed. UPDATE!! It's great in the snow,even without snow tires. One tip, if you're driving in the snow turn the traction control off. The AWD works better with it off. I have over 65000 miles on the car and I'm as happy with it now as I was when I bought it. Update to my update- 79000 and still absolutely trouble free. Updated to my updated update- 93000 miles, still an awesome car. Great in all weather, hardly any rattles, everything still works. Update to end all updates- 147,000 and still going strong. My only gripe is the hoops you have to jump through to change driving lights, parking lights and front turn signals. You have to remove the tire and the screws holding the fender well on and reach in. The underside is sealed so that's the only access. I'd still own another one in a heartbeat. More- 192,000 and it's still going strong.

I love this car.

danoham, 03/20/2015
2015 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is really fun to drive! It handles great and the 2.0L motor has excellent acceleration. I live in Colorado and the crowd-race to the tunnel is effortless, from both sides. The interior creature comforts are better than I deserve and it is obvious that careful thought went into everything. I closed the deal on 2/28 which turns out to be a very good day to buy, I paid $1014 less than the Edmunds' estimate. My shopping advise would be to decide on the exact model, color, and features that you want then go to the Ford website and find dealers with that car in stock then start email conversations with their internet sales managers. You will be able to tell who is hungry.

And the winner is !

MEH, 05/14/2016
2015 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked @ Nissan, Hyundai, & Ford for a safe, reliable, affordable & comfortable ride. Though the Escape was not the winner by a huge margin, it was my final choice. The safety rating, ease of use, quality feel, reliability and overall good looks; interior & exterior made this a winner for me. My Escape has 35000 miles with no issues.

5 out of 5 stars

i have the 2 liter 4. 240 horsepower.

Janos, 10/05/2015
updated 03/11/2019
2015 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my escape is the 2015 se 4 wheel drive 2.0 liter 240 horse version with trailer tow pack. now that i have lived with this car for almost a year and 11,000 miles later i am quite happy in my choice. the power train really sets this vehicle apart from the rest. plenty of power for towing a trailer. (and i do on occasion) handles great even with 4 adults on board. i purchased this vehicle in feb and the 4 wheel drive works great better than the competition. like i said i am very happy with it for i did some research before the purchase. one of my purchasing points was ease of entry into the vehicle and this one was the best for me to enter. i replaced my ford super duty pickup with this vehicle. combined mileage is 25.4. highway is 30.5. heavy two axle uhaul trailer loaded is 17.5.

Transmission issues

Nerak, 09/18/2019
2015 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my Ford Escape 2015 Titanium new. This car is extremely comfortable, handles well, fun to drive and designed well except for the placement of the navigation screen controls. I absolutely loved the car until I didn't due to severe transmission issue. I had some concerns when the car 60-70,000 miles and gear shifting into low gears was clunky. I brought into my reliable mechanic, the transmission fluid was changed and flushed x 2 which seemed to fix the problem. at 118,000 miles I pulled in my driveway and out of the blue my car's transmission died. I needed a full transmission redo, costing about $4,000. I found out that around 70,000 miles Escapes, 2015-2016 are running into transmission issues and there may even be a recall in the future. Ford has apparently made some changes to the newer Escapes. It is disappointing to have to spend a lot of money when there has been a known problem. Right now my car is running well and probably will run for a long time. I think I will sell it when the transmission warranty runs out. I would say probably don't buy a 2015-2016 with 50,000 miles or higher or maybe trade yours in before it goes too high if you don't want a big bill.

2 out of 5 stars