Used 2015 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

Used Escape for Sale
Select your model:
12345...15

Pros
Cons

Great choice!

mt22657, 07/18/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First off, I have the 2.0 engine but it didn't list that as a choice when starting the review. I bought this car when it was a year old with about 22K miles and paid $10,000 less than the sticker price. So far it is everything I could have hoped for. Plenty of very comfortable room inside for me and my dogs, terrific ride and I'm averaging a between 24-25 MPG combined. Yes, like everyone else I had some issues with the SYNC system but once I figured out what it required from me it's been trouble-free. You can't force it to work a certain way just because you want it to. I'm looking forward to driving it in the snow and expect I won't be disappointed. UPDATE!! It's great in the snow,even without snow tires. One tip, if you're driving in the snow turn the traction control off. The AWD works better with it off. I have over 65000 miles on the car and I'm as happy with it now as I was when I bought it. Update to my update- 79000 and still absolutely trouble free. Updated to my updated update- 93000 miles, still an awesome car. Great in all weather, hardly any rattles, everything still works. Update to end all updates- 147,000 and still going strong. My only gripe is the hoops you have to jump through to change driving lights, parking lights and front turn signals. You have to remove the tire and the screws holding the fender well on and reach in. The underside is sealed so that's the only access. I'd still own another one in a heartbeat.

I love this car.

danoham, 03/20/2015
Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car is really fun to drive! It handles great and the 2.0L motor has excellent acceleration. I live in Colorado and the crowd-race to the tunnel is effortless, from both sides. The interior creature comforts are better than I deserve and it is obvious that careful thought went into everything. I closed the deal on 2/28 which turns out to be a very good day to buy, I paid $1014 less than the Edmunds' estimate. My shopping advise would be to decide on the exact model, color, and features that you want then go to the Ford website and find dealers with that car in stock then start email conversations with their internet sales managers. You will be able to tell who is hungry.

i have the 2 liter 4. 240 horsepower.

Janos, 10/05/2015
SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

my escape is the 2015 se 4 wheel drive 2.0 liter 240 horse version with trailer tow pack. now that i have lived with this car for almost a year and 11,000 miles later i am quite happy in my choice. the power train really sets this vehicle apart from the rest. plenty of power for towing a trailer. (and i do on occasion) handles great even with 4 adults on board. i purchased this vehicle in feb and the 4 wheel drive works great better than the competition. like i said i am very happy with it for i did some research before the purchase. one of my purchasing points was ease of entry into the vehicle and this one was the best for me to enter. i replaced my ford super duty pickup with this vehicle. combined mileage is 25.4. highway is 30.5. heavy two axle uhaul trailer loaded is 17.5.

And the winner is !

MEH, 05/14/2016
SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I looked @ Nissan, Hyundai, & Ford for a safe, reliable, affordable & comfortable ride. Though the Escape was not the winner by a huge margin, it was my final choice. The safety rating, ease of use, quality feel, reliability and overall good looks; interior & exterior made this a winner for me. My Escape has 35000 miles with no issues.

Fun vehicle to drive

Ron T., 10/23/2016
Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Update as of October 2017: We now have 24000 miles on the Escape and it remains problem free. Gas mileage has improved somewhat. It gets 22 to 23 in town and now gets 30 to 31 on the highway. We're very satisfied with the Escape. Up Date 11/2020. 42,000 miles. This Escape is the most enjoyable vehicle that I have ever owned. It has been trouble free to date with nothing needed other than regular maintenance. It is comfortable and well made. The interior leather is like new. The seats are comfortable for both the driver and passenger. Plenty of power and good mileage. The new 2020 Escape leaves me cold. It looks cheap compared to this generation of the Escape. Three cylinder engine yuck! Auto stop start Yuck! The current 2020 Titanium has less content than my 2015. No CD player, No 10 way power passenger seat with lumbar support. No map pocket on the back of the drivers seat. MSRP approaching $40K when equipped with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine Trading my 2015 for a 2020 would be a step down in my opinion. I love my 2015 Escape and will be driving it for a long long time. Update as of late October 2019. I now have 39000 trouble free miles on this Escape. The leather interior is still like new. It is rattle and squeak free. The more miles that I've put on this vehicle the better it seems to run and perform. On a recent trip to Florida I finally got the 32 mpg that the sticker showed. I love driving this vehicle. It's a blast to drive and it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it regardless of the length of the trip.

12345...15