Used 2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 341 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

2005 Ford Escape
By Linda

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Overpriced at porcaro ford in Racine

Incredibly reliable!
By Ms V

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 11 years and it runs like a top. I haven’t had any issues and have just done regular maintenance. I’m at 157,000 miles and I’m sure it’ll keep rolling for many more.

I wouldn't recommend an Escape
By Nolan E.

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT Fwd 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my grand Cherokee for something more economical and city friendly but what I got was a nightmare, I've put $4200 into this car, exhaust manifold catalytic converters alternator and other various things, door sensor is broken and annoys the hell out of me because the car thinks the door is open all the time, has a pretty bad idle vibration which apparently is a general thing with these escapes, the electronics and positioning of engine components are very poor I don't know what Ford was thinking when they designed this vehicle, I would recommend a 2005 explorer which is the bigger brother of this vehicle which I had no trouble from, this Escape only has 68k miles I'm fixing it one last time and slapping a for sale sign on it! Good Riddance!

It was a great SUV
By Ford Guy

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLT AWD 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 203000 relatively trouble free miles, it may be time for me to say good bye to my old friend, sniff, sniff. I bought her in October of 2004 with 13k miles. Other than the PCM going right I after I took ownership, the SUV has been relatively trouble free until now. It appears I need a new transmission. Not sure yet if I'll dish out the 2 grand to repair. But if you can get one of these rides with low miles I'd say go for it! It was money well spent.

116k miles, runs like new
By Luke

2005 Ford Escape SUV XLS Fwd 4dr SUV (2.3L 4cyl 4A)

The paint faded on my hood, a common Escape problem, my thermostat sticks open, but it's the original, so excuseable. Mileage 21-22 in town, 28 highway.Yes I would recommend it. Seats much more comfortable than my wife's honda cr-v.

Updated,,, sold it at 130K miles, ran perfect. Bought a 2010, 6 cyl, HATED IT, poor mileage, the thing seemed huge. Wish I'd kept the 2005, great car.