2015 Ford Edge SUV Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Ford Edge SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Edge model:

Happy with Purchase
By Bob

2015 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We looked at a few SUV's before buying the Edge, Including the Buick Encore, GMC Terrain, Kia Sportage and Sorrento, Chevy Equinox and Ford Escape. The best by far was the Edge. Most room, comfort and performance at a good price. The 2.0L Turbo 4 cylinder out performs all of the others except the Escape including the Terrain's V6 that we tried because its 4 cylinder was so bad. Very happy with the purchase so far.

1 Year Update Still Better Than Toyotas I Owned
By Jim

2015 Ford Edge SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have driven over the Edge over 26,000 miles on highways, gravel roads, dirt roads, through snow, on ice, and through heavy rain. It has handled awesome. I have taken it on long trips and you know how tired you are after driving long hours. This is the only vehicle I have driven a long distance that I can say I was not tired at the end. The seats are so comfortable and supportive it is amazing! The Edge handles very smoothly when driving, changing lanes, on turns, and through curves. I can honestly say that the blind side protection has saved me from several accidents. That is the safety feature you must get! The Edge has been extremely reliable only requiring oil changes and tire rotations. The service from my Ford dealer has been excellent! There are only two things I suggest for improvement. The navigation interface needs a slight software change to make it easier to set the destination. It requires an extra step to confirm after you have already entered all the information. The other thing to note is that the standard mats are only OK. The all-weather mats are great. Get them including one for the rear hatch area. When I travel, I frequently have my sons that are 6 feet 4 inches and 6 feet 2 inches with me along with some of their large friends. They all have plenty of room in the front and back. To sum it up, Ford has done an amazing job with this vehicle. If you are in the market for an SUV/Crossover and only require two rows of seats, I highly recommend the Ford Edge.

Switched from Grand Cherokee
By Tom

2015 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 30 years of Jeep Grand Cherokees, I switched to an Edge Titanium for price reasons. Very satisfied with the 2.0 L Eco-Boost turbo-charged engine; some typical turbo lag, but not a problem. Consistent mixed use mileage of 21-23 mpg. Ground clearance is less than Jeep and there is no selectable low range gear, however neither has been a problem so far; my concern was my long steep snow covered driveway. Good handling and crisp steering control. Overall a very good vehicle, and I am completely satisfied with the purchase decision. We think it's a great vehicle.

8 months in
By jim

2015 Ford Edge SUV SE 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

engine, trans and traction from awd turbo is excellent and looks great, i dont need anything more

my first full year driving the 2015 ford edge
By C. Zambito Staten Island New York

2015 Ford Edge SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After one full year driving the new ford edge with no complaints other than a constant water condensation problem in the rear led tailights usually after it rains or the vehicle goes thru a car wash. Ford has agreed to replace only the center taillight at this time . Other than the above described the car has been a pleasure to drive and handles well in all weather conditions and has been a reliable vehicle so far .