Used 2001 Ford Econoline Wagon Van Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Econoline Wagon for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Big Red

Ford_Guy1996, 06/11/2010
E-150 XL 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

My van is a very good van and especially good because of its size (which in fact, was the overall reason we were looking for a van) It's fuel economy, well, we weren't expecting a prius, so it could have been worse. The exterior is very acceptable for a 01 and the interior is very well thought out, with lots of cup holders and other thoughtful touches, although perhaps too well thought out; I find gum and candy wrappers all over the place from our kids. I commute many miles daily to chi, so I am looking for a new car but Big Red has served me very well. Although I have had only one problem with the engine sometimes it does not operate when its hot, but Keep making econolines, Ford! Thank you

Granny Tranny

madashell, 05/23/2005
E-350 SD XLT 3dr Ext Van (5.4L 8cyl 4A)

Every piece of plastic has hit the floor or gone out the door on this thing. That's not the clincher. With less than 30k on this animal, I am replacing the transmission. The dealer wouldn't budge on the $3500 repair. This is the last in a series of repairs. I'm trading it in for a Chevy Express.

Ford Club Wagon

G. N., 11/20/2007
E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent all around vehicle. Very capable for trailering a 3500 boat & trailer. Flexible interior with removable rear bench seat for cargo hauling.

Best Car Ever!!

qaguy1982, 05/26/2011
E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2001 Econoline with the Traveler package and the 5.4L engine when I was a Boy Scout leader with two kids in college. I had blown the shocks on my previous minivan 3 times hauling boys and heavy scout gear. We wanted something equipped similar to a mini van but not a full conversion van. Found the van on a lot with the Traveler package. As others have mentioned it was much cheaper than the larger SUVs and holds more cargo. Nothing but brake pads and tires to replace for the first 10 years. Mileage could be better but try and move the same amount of gear and people with sedans and you will buy a lot more gas since you will need more cars.

Best one yet.

Dennis Carter, 06/25/2003
E-150 XLT 3dr Van (4.2L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 club wagons since 1978. My 2001 E150 Traveler is the best one yet. I feel the $ value of the E150 Traveler is fantastic. I don't know why Ford doesn't promote this product more.