Used 1999 Ford Crown Victoria Sedan Consumer Reviews

Used Crown Victoria for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

POWERFUL,SPORT CAR HANDLING

David S., 08/03/2015
4dr Sedan

Iam the proud owner of a 1999 crown Victoria, base model. it has 147,000 miles on it and still running strong! ive only had to do basic matin. ive done some mods like dual exsaust,MSD coils, and a K&N air filter. this car is fast, great handling for a fullsize 4 door car. gets awesome MPG on highway for a fullsize car. its also one of best build considering its a BODY ON FRAME car. no uni-body crap here! I would recommend this car to anybody looking for a safe,reiliable,good fuel economy car.

Lot of car for the money...

Bryan S., 07/30/2002
LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from a private seller with 61,400 miles on it in EXC shape. It had all options other than traction control and the trip computer. It has simply been one of the finest cars I have ever had the opportunity to drive. It rides great, has been stone cold reliable, gets decent milage for a large car (25MPG with cruise set at 60MPH), TONS of room, and it has plenty of power for passing, hills, and towing. I would not hesitate to buy another Crown Vic at all based on my experience with this car. It is a solid BUY.

Problematic Ford

James, 04/06/2006
LX 4dr Sedan

This is my first and last Ford vehicle. I like the car but it has cost me $9000 in repairs over the last 14 months. The plastic intake manifold cracked 1 month out of extended warranty and Ford corporation would not help whatsoever. I thought I had done my research on this car but perhaps mine is a lemon. I have had numerous electrical problems, replaced many coils. Brake jobs are quite frequent. The fenders have rusted through. There has been a high speed vibration that even Ford cannot figure out. I am absolutely disgusted with the repairs and the cost of repairs on this. You have just pushed another die hard American car lover to swing over to Japanese. Ford...your time is running out!

No longer available to the public

skaizun, 10/18/2008
4dr Sedan

The "cop car", as my friends call it, has had only one minor repair (idle air control valve $200) in the nine years I've owned it (original owner; 84k miles as of 10/2008), excluding basic maintenance, tires, batteries, and fluids. Not the best car I've owned (that honor goes to my 77 Pont Bonneville, bought used), but I'd buy it, again, if I could (Ford no longer makes it available to the public, although its upscale, sister car, the Mercury Grand Marquis is similar).

Paid $10,000 for 99CVLX w/25K miles

Georgia Troutman, 10/07/2003
LX 4dr Sedan

Bulletproof engine that pulls hard under throttle, even at 70MPH! Smooth comfortable ride. 25MPG at 70MPH+ on the highway, with the air on...try that with anything else that is a V-8!! God Bless Big US built V-8 engines powering rear wheel drives!! You will not find a better deal, in terms of bang for the buck, power, ride and MPG than a used Crown Vic. This car had 25,000 miles on in in 6/02, stickered for $26,000, looked damn near brand new, and we paid $10,300 out the door.

12345...7