Used 2017 FIAT 500e Hatchback Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used 500e for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

A real-world 500e review

Chris Ginsburg, 09/14/2017
Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

We just bought a used 2014 500e with 28k miles. Dealers are currently offering nice pricing as many 2014's are coming off-lease and being turned in. We paid $7500 + tax. which seems very cheap for car that cost $30K a few years ago. The limited market and relatively high production volume keep the current resale value low. The car is blast to drive at lower speeds... It's very quick and can zip in and out of traffic lightning fast. It feels light, nimble and could probably beat many expensive sports cars up to about 60mph. If you install a 240v fast-charger in your garage and only commute in the city or shorter distances -- the car is fantastic. If you have to travel over 25 miles on the freeway to work, I'm sorry to say the car is a joke. I would not recommend this car for commuting. The problem is that once you exceed 50mph, the battery charge diminishes shockingly fast, to the point where you may be scared you won't make it. It almost seems as though the car needs some kind of overdrive system because it uses tons of energy at 65mph, even with no throttle. In the city, it has regenerative braking to help recharge, but on the highway the motor eats battery power like crazy. The fully-charged "96-mile range" can only last about 40 miles at 65mph. If you commute, you'd better have a fast-charger at work or you may not make it home.

Best little overlooked car ever!

Tom, 10/05/2019
Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

Never could I possibly imagined how much I love this car.i have put over 30,000 miles on my 500e. It commutes easily and it actually alot of fun to drive. It is surprising quick and handles decent. Instant heat and a/c ,cannot understate how well they work. Would recommend a wet weather tire. I commute about 400 miles a week averaging 38mph & 139 mpge.

Already broken after one year!

M Saun, 08/21/2018
Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I've leased my 2-17 500e for one year (only 7k miles driven) and yesterday, it stopped taking a charge. Thankfully it is under warranty, and Fiat came to tow it to the dealership because it didn't have enough miles to get there. The dealership is 40 mins away, they're backed up and won't get to look at my car for another day, and they had no loaner car for me (although they did agree to cover my rental, if I made my way to Enterprise and dealt with that paperwork myself. Thanks for the terrific convenience, Fiat. If your car breaks on me while under warranty, you should probably consider making my experience very convenient.) On another note, we also have an electric BMW i3. I have driven it and the Fiat the same distance, and the BMW uses substantially less "miles" to go the same distance. I know it is said that the amount of miles used depends on how you drive it, but I find the Fiat to be far less reliable in terms of how far I can actually go, compared to the BMW (which is twice the price, so you get what you pay for!) Also, the suspension bounces all over the road, and it breaks very abruptly. I have skidded out a few times accelerating on a hill.

2017 Fiat 500E - My Pocket Rocket EV -

Duan, 03/15/2021
Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

I call it EV and I picked one of these 500E's off lease from Chrysler Corp from the 2017 year for $8K in August of 2020. Window Sticker that came with the 500E said this car was over $34K new with some of it's upgrades. This 500E is still under Factory Warranty through 2021 and the main battery is warrantied through 2025 through Fiat. Driven daily since August 2020 I have had no problems with this car but do get lots of Cute Car comments from other drivers. It came with the extra cost Electric Orange Tri Coat Pearl Paint with White accents and the Electric Sunroof which make this a very cool little Pocket Rocket. Fast, Fun, and just a great little get around vehicle. My Toyota PriusV and my classic Lexus SC430 have sat in the garage for the last 4 months needing no gas as I drive this little Fiat 500E everywhere. The money I save by not putting gas into my other 2 cars actually pays for this cool Pocket Rocket as I plug it in at night in the regular 120v plug and it's ready to go in the morning. Has all the cool features, heated seats, navigation, love the sunroof, a great stereo system. I leave the back seats down for my trips to Home Depot and Costco and it's my mini-SUV. Loving the 500E and if the 85 mile range works for you this is an exciting car to drive also I think a must buy. I live in the Palm Springs area so this works to go all around the Coachella Valley and back home to plug it in for the next day, so perfect for me. I am giving it 5 Star's because I really can't find anything wrong with this 500E. Has all the tech I need and the fit and finish are solid for this little Italian Pocket Rocket. Sure it's small but that just adds to the driving pleasure making it feel like a sports car with the battery pack being on the floor of the car handles corners very well. Sure it only fits 2 people but if I need more space I use another vehicle. It is what it is and it is a great fun little car that already took the depreciation hit and is still under a factory warranty! I like it ... !

fiat 500e

Var Mar, 11/28/2016
Battery Electric 2dr Hatchback (electric DD)

best car for lonely commute