Used 2012 FIAT 500 Convertible Consumer Reviews

Used 500 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

Fiat 500C

Jerry, 02/07/2016
C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Exceeds expectations and is fun.

igofishingalot, 08/28/2011
C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

Fuel mileage is much better than the 38mpg highway posted on the sticker. An average of 41mpg was observed during a nice 40 mile long curvy and hilly back road drive mostly at 45mph in 4th gear with the top open. The car is a joy to travel in. It has plenty of room and comfort for 4. At 65mph with the top full open and windows closed, it is quiet enough to have normal conversations between all 4 occupants. Very quiet ride with top open or closed. Top can be operated with push button control while driving under 50mph. Car is fun enough to make our mid teen age kids still want to go with us. Back seats are roomy and comfortable for picky an long legged kids 5'8" tall.

CPop popped!!!!!

Gayle Gavin, 03/19/2017
C Pop 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

It was a fun car that was a joy to drive. It doesn't pretend to be a Corvette. It's a Fiat and proud of it. Sold it in a minute to a guy who drove one years ago while courting his wife of many years.

Luxury mini convertible gets positive comments!

Rob, 01/26/2021
C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the 2012 500C Lounge FIAT new with all the bells and whistles. The exterior color is a gorgeous Verde green with two tone brown and cream leather upholstery. The steering wheel and housing for the temperature controls is a cream color also and very high tech looking. When my wife and I purchased this vehicle, we were strongly urged to get the extended warranty since we were warned that being a new model to North American, anything could happen and if it did it would be expensive to report. That proved to be a colossal waste of money! I can proudly report that at nearly 65,000 miles and running strong, we have had zero mechanical problems with this great little car. It turns heads everywhere we go and in the warm summer months with the top down we get a lot of looks. I find that dropping the convertible top all the way down does improve rear visibility. I bought the optional windscreen which helped with any interior noise when the top is lowered. Mileage is not outstanding but fair at 22-34 city highway. Our Fiat is a great city, around town car that parks on a dime, and turns on a dime and is mostly just fun to drive. The tiny rear trunk actually accepts two bags of groceries or a small suitcase and while the backseat is really fit for small kids, we rarely use it other than to throw an extra coat in the back or the occasional shopping bag. I wanted a unique vehicle instead of the usual where every car essentially looks the same. Our FIAT came with snazzy wheels that the dealer put on in exchange for just a few dollars more compared to the wheels that came already mounted on the car. I know we will keep this car for many many more miles and with the autostick transmission with quick downshifting it is a joy to drive. I use the SPORT mode occasionally especially on a jaunt up a steep grade. I have Sirius Satellite set up and after a few tries, I was able to program Blue Tooth. The customer service toll free number for FIAT has been very helpful for any assistance in programming the radio. My only real complaint is that the small glovebox barely holds much let alone the manual that came with the car. I do not use the USB FIAT key that stores the driving data as I have no use for it. All in all, this is a great little car which unfortunately has taken a bad rap from the likes of Consumer Reports and others who rate it as the lowest of any vehicle they have tested.

Worst Car on the Road.

Dave M, 10/14/2015
C Lounge 2dr Convertible (1.4L 4cyl 5M)

IMHO, this is the worst and most dangerous car on US highways. We were given one as an Enterprise rental, so beware. On the Interstates, it feels like the Fiat 500 could be run over by any compact American car. The ride was rough and noisy. I've been told that some people love them......but I think it's a standard answer for those who already have them. I was teased by acquaintances who suggested I put the Fiat in the back of their car. My wife, me and two suitcases were hard to squeeze into it! Terrible car....and without a doubt the worst car I've ever rented. Complaints to Enterprise went nowhere....only questions. My objective would be to keep the Fiat off American roads.

12345...6