Used 1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Talon model:

AWESOME CAR!
By Trisha

1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

This is a fantastic car! Not only is it fun to drive, but it is a head turner. I have had more compliments on this car than I have had on any other car I have owned. I haven't had any major repairs on this car. It has been very dependable. I love driving it. It is red with the black roof & spoiler, which is very sharp. I haven't seen very many on the road, & when I take it in for oil changes, the mechanics tell me they have never seen one in such good condition. I will keep this car until it just won't go anymore. I now have 55,000 miles on it & expect to put a lot more miles on it before it dies. I was disappointed to hear that 1998 was the last year for this car.

I love the spoiler. It has the big one. I have seen some Talons with the small spoiler, & it just doesn't look as good. I love the look of the rear end, too.

The only improvement I can think of is the roof. If the window is down when it's raining & the wipers are on, the water is channeled so that it drips inside the car onto the seat.

Awesome Car!
By Patricia

1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

This car is the most fun car I have ever driven. I have never gotten stuck in the snow with this car. It handles the road wonderfully. It takes curves with ease. When I bought the car, it had 10,000 miles on it. Now it has 55,000 miles on it, & no problems. I will keep this car forever! I have never loved a car like I love my Eagle Talon Esi! This is truly an awesome car. I have had more compliments on this car than any other car I have had. It is definitely a head-turner. The black roof & spoiler & red body is a great color combination.

I love the looks of the whole car, but the spoiler helps keep headlight glare out of my eyes at night! It has a sleek, sporty look.

When it rains, the windows must be up, or the rain will come in.

Not Bad.
By Paco

1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Most people don't like these cars, think
they are not reliable. They are
reliable, and a great platform for
upgrades, they just require a little
more maintenance then most other cars.
All in all, these cars are great, i'm a
big fan of DSM cars, and Talons have
great stlying and performance. The 420a
engine is a great platform for upgrades,
including turbo.

Styling, Throttle response

Stiffer shifting.

enjoyable
By strave

1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

for a four cylander with no turbo it is
an exceptional car

really like the body style

better breaking

Fun, Reliable Car
By Deelio

1997 Eagle Talon Hatchback ESi 2dr Hatchback

This was my first brand spankin' new
car and it's been the best car that I
have owned. I have had no major
problems with the car since the 6
years that I have owned it. It could
use a paint job but other than that
my car is still like new. The car is
very fun to drive and handles the road
well.

The body design of the car is what me fall in love with the car. It looks tough and sleek. I also love my alloy wheels and my low profile tires which really add to the look of the car. Although the car isn't real fast it has great get-up-and-go.

My car has a spoiler on the back which looks really nice but it tends to be a big hazard for blind spots. I would also change the turning radius of the car. It is hard to get into tight spots.