Used 2001 Dodge Viper Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Viper for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

a rush to your senses

delldude, 03/18/2003
GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

Only thing you can say is WOW! What a RUSH! and with all that power very easy to drive. Only thing to worry about is the other cars straining for a closer look (and wanting you to get on it) And the feeling of supremacy knowing only those that pass you are doing so only because you let them.

The good, bad, and ugly.

brett_summerer, 06/08/2003
GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

Bought my car 4/02. Took 3 months to wipe the grin off my face. By 9/02 it had been in the shop more than 30 days, and I've now filed for the lemon law. Build quality and comfort are atrocious, but I still love driving it every now and again. Loved owning it, can't wait to get rid of it.

One of the best cars out there!

JJSVIP, 03/19/2002
GTS 2dr Coupe (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

This car is the ipitimy of the cars on the road, short of modern Ferrari's and Lamborghini of course. But how many of these cars are on the road though. The Viper is the same, with only roughly 1500 units a year. But this car is a blast to drive. And you can leave for a short trip in it without someone yelling or almost breaking their necks to get another look. Contrary to magazine reviews, this car is quite confortable as a daily driver and a very easy car to drive.

LOVE MY VIPER

Rich Bridenstine, 02/01/2016
RT/10 2dr Roadster (8.0L 10cyl 6M)

I bought mine new over 17 years ago. I love it every time I drive it. These cars are not a finesse car, not an orchestra on wheels, they are a brute brass ,straight line band from middle America. Fun classic style. I have had more than one other popular American sports car owner pull up and say "that's what I really wanted". I haven't done that one yet. That isn't why I bought it. Just glad to have mine. It's not a creature comfort car, yet is very comfortable. When ya hammer it, they "scream out loud". Between 2500-3500r's in second gear it is a pin job, now that is fun because if you are nice you can keep the tires from launching. I think that may have been where the saying comes from? They are a no BS car that does exactly what you think they should and want to do. Can't hurt them, unless ya curb or stack 'em. Iacocca, possibly, did his best work when he unleashed Tom Gale and his team on this project. Time and HP has caught up almost 20 years later. For a great "experienced" gal now, no one laughs at her, she is still my prom queen...anytime. All quality and style.