Skip to main content

Used Stratus for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...9

Pros
Cons
4.5 out of 5 stars

Stratus RT Coupe 2003

Karlie, 01/22/2007
R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I liked the features that came with this car from day one. I have had it just over a year now and have never had it into the mechanic shop for anything more than routine maintainance.

2003 Dodge Stratus RT 5 speed

Sean, 11/21/2015
R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car which I purchased used with around 19k miles in 2005 for about $14k. Ten years later with 196529 Miles it's still purring. Replaced clutch only once few thousand miles ago and little to no repairs... mostly just usual and simple maintenence. This car is simple as it has no ABS or any high tech which I actually prefer; I have a removable gps and CD player with blutooth which is all I need; no expensive electronics to break and worry about spending lots of money on. The dashboard has curled up years ago from sun exposure but whatever... No big deal anymore. My suspension went and it's a rough ride and rattles and shakes on rough roads, as something went, but I can't exactly pin it down and it's not in my opinion worth the money or headache to repair. I can deal with it as I have gotten used to it and its not that bad. I've had this car ten years @ one third of my life so that says a lot about how much I like the car, it's dependability and me not wanting to buy another as I purchased it in full @ about $14k and never had car payments... Who wants car payments? Also, the cloth driver seat is in rough shape but that is to be expected with all these Miles. It burns a some oil too which is pretty typical for an old car with this many miles; not worth fixing now as I'll just cheap oil. I drive this car for work very hard and with this manual transmission I've never had any real issues, repairs or anything go wrong which would go wrong with an automatic. I'm forever staying with manual transmissions. Great vehicle

3 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
4.63 out of 5 stars

Patrick's R/T

Patrick N, 07/02/2008
R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my Stratus R/T a few days before Mother's Day and have loved driving it ever since! The car only had 19,426 original on it, not bad at all for a five year old car. My deep red baby drives like a champ and the sport suspension keeps me firmly on the road with no worries. The black leather looks great and is pretty comfortable on long drives. The automatic shifts with ease and the exhaust note sounds awesome (just loud enough not to be ricer). The trunk is surprisingly large and the cargo net is a nice touch.

5 out of 5 stars

Minnie Pearl (satin white pearl)

John McKinney, 05/21/2019
R/T 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Check for maintenance done. Always replace the thermostat after purchase. Purchased the car last Feb. Drove it 16 days and transmission went into limp mode. Replaced all 4 motor and transmission mounts , front brakes , front hub assemblies , transmission neutral safety switch , cleaned and serviced the other transmission solenoids , replaced thermostat , both hood windshield washer jets , recharged the AC , repaired the infinity amp plugin and finally a ecu plug in performance chip. . Payed $1300 and spent another $350 on Amazon for lifetime warranty parts. Car now runs amazingly well for a 16 yr old 170k mile car. The wife Nick named her Minnie Pearl for the white paint and 2 door model. Gets 30 mpg on highway with plenty of power and I love those S curved roads !

3 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

I would love to have mine back!

2003 Stratus SXT, 12/19/2007
SXT 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved this car! Had no problems what so ever. Took it to the mechanic only for oil changes and check ups. I bought the car one year old with 38k miles on it and just recently was in an accident that totaled it with 102K. My accident involved 2 Semi trucks and me and my passenger walked away without even a scratch or an ache! Would recommend this car in a heart beat. Only negatives: turning radius, hard to see out back window, lack of space in back seat.

12345...9