Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 1500 model:

2010 Dodge Ram 5.7L Hemi crew cab
By Bob

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had zero problems with this lovely beast. I purchased it used last June & I have driven over 20k miles. I have been a Ford man my whole life, but this Ram won me over! I will give you the things I would improve upon first, then more of the good. First off, this is a truck, so it rides rougher than a car & if you are not a truck person, you might not want this truck. I find the steering to be weak in comparison to the F-150. This beast feels amazing going in a straight line, buts lots of body roll on turns. Next, the back seats are just about 2 steps above bleacher seats, lol. Even my 2 little ones want to sit on pillows. Also, the a/c does not really cool the back off that well. Front seats are amazing though. I am about average height 5'9", but I am a brickwall & the bucket seats are wide enough to feel comfortable! Dodge made the center console a shiny silver paint with chrome trim rings. This was asinine! I am going blind during the day! The rest of the console is amazing though. Several charger ports, 2 glove boxes, 2 consoles cubbies. Matter of fact, Dodge did a good job with storage period! Great storage area under the rear seats & 2 storage areas in the rear floorboard area. The brakes are spongey, had the brake fluid flushed & refilled, which helped a tad. When it comes to power though, this truck does NOT disappoint! The 5.7L Hemi can pretend to be meek & mild while cruising, but the moment you give it full throttle, it wakes up and attacks the highway! I have noticed I average about 13-14.5 mpg in town, but I also like hearing the motor, so I get a bit heavy on the throttle sometimes. On the highway, I have seen 22-23 mpg, if I set the cruise at 60 mph, but at 75 mph, she still gets approximately 19 mpg. My wishlist would be for improved handling, better brakes, better rear seats, stronger blower for the rear a/c, & a system like Ford builds into their tailgate for climbing into the bed.

STAY AWAY FROM RAM AND FCA
By Christopher Stewart

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Owner has now attempted 3 separate CDJR MOPAR Service Dealers regarding uneven vehicle/frame concerns and/or rear axle concerns.

The first service attempt was with selling dealer Thompson’s CDJR Placerville the following day after vehicle purchase. Owner reported concern with vehicle lean at driver’s front and significant vehicle vibration at highway speeds. Owner did not test drive vehicle on highway prior to purchase. Owner was scheduled for MOPAR service 3 days after purchase.

While waiting for service appointment, owner took vehicle to America’s tire in Roseville. The factory tires were identified to be out-of-round. Owner replaced factory tires with new tires at owner expense. This drastically reduced the vehicle vibration, but not entirely.

When owner serviced vehicle at Thompson’s CDJR, owner updated Service Advisor of tire replacement. The service obtained at Thompson’s CDJR resulted with no work performed and reported vehicle was within factory specs. Service focus was suspension related, mainly control arm distance to ground comparison from left to right control arms. This service department did not assess or inspect the vehicle frame. Service Advisor at Thompson’s appeared disinterested and bothered by owner concern about new vehicle.

The second service attempt was with Folsom Lake CDJR. Owner notified Service Advisor of service at Thompson’s and offered to provide the service report from Thompson’s. This service department resulted in no work preformed and report vehicle was within factory specs. Service focus was, again, solely on vehicle suspension. To their credit, they appeared to assess suspension components more thoroughly than Thompson’s. This service department did not assess or inspect the vehicle frame.

Frustrated with no resolve from MOPAR service, continued vehicle safety issues, and new safety issues arising each day, owner privately scheduled Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System laser frame inspection from MOPAR certified techs at Gamboa’s Body and Frame of Rancho Cordova, CA. Gamboa’s Body and Frame in Rancho Cordova is a MOPAR Factory Certified Body and Frame repair location.

Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System evidenced multiple areas of vehicle frame were out of factory specs. The report findings indicate 8 frame areas outside of factory specs for RAM 1500 Pickup Crew Cab 5.5’ Bed 4WD 2013-2016. 5 out of spec frame measurements are weld-on permanent frame locations. 3 remaining out of spec frame measurements are located at left and right lower control arm bolt locations. These 3 bolt locations are drilled into vehicle frame cross rails which are welded to main frame exterior.

When owner requested bid from Gamboa’s Body and Frame Service Advisor in order to assess cost to resolve frame specs, owner was instructed Gamboa’s was unable to correct vehicle frame to factory specs.

At this time, owner was working with FCA Case Manager Greg, who indicated FCA would reimburse owner for frame inspection and rental car costs. Owner submitted frame inspection report and owner payment invoices for services listed.

Owners third attempt, and third dealer location, for CDJR MOPAR service was with AutoNation Roseville CDJR. This service appointment was at the direction of FCA Case Manger Greg and reported to be the next step following the Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System frame results. Owner scheduled service and documented initial frame concerns, new safety concerns related to rear axle and differential, and additional issues with vehicle (see attached). Owner provided AutoNation service department with copy of Shark Blackhawk Computerized Vehicle Measurement System laser frame report findings.

Upon owners third attempt at MOPAR dealer service, Service Manager Brian Morrow and Service Advisor Greg Stebbins of AutoNation CDJR Roseville assessed MOPAR service unable to resolve documented frame related issues. Service Manager Brain Morrow contacted FCA Case Manager Jennifer at 1-800-763-8422 ext 40381 to report his vehicle service assessment. To date, owner has no resolve and is unable to operate vehicle safely. This vehicle is owner’s primary transportation and is used for driving owners 4 and 5-year-old children.

Was a For man, now I'm a Dodge man!
By ramtrucks89

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I absolutely love my Ram 1500. I use to be a Ford man, but after my f150 started falling apart on me, I decided to upgrade. This truck is amazing and I am convinced I have the best truck out there. It has plenty of power, it rides smooth, interior is awesome, exterior is even better.. I literally have no complaints about this truck. It is definitely worth every penny!

5.7L V8, auto adjusting mirrors that change when headlights hit them, Bluetooth capability, love the exterior and interior design.

A more user friendly navigation system

Hidden problems...
By hawgwyld

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this truck at first, then I started noticing a lot of annoying issues and outright problems. The users manual says it goes 6,500 miles between oil changes. I got an alert to change the oil at 3,000 miles and another at 6,000 (haven't done that yet -- got 6,800 miles on the truck and I'll get to it when I get to it). Air sensor is hypersensitive and goes off frequently -- takea a couple of days after filling up tires for the sensor to go off. Also, the stock Goodyears are garbage. Oh, and the thing now pulls to the left after (yes) 6,800 miles and sticking solely to blacktop. Dodge got my money and I got suckered. Gas mileage is far worse than estimated, too. Horrible purchase.

Crew cab and smooth ride.

A six-speaker stereo should have better bass response than a clock radio. Get rid of the stock Goodyears and get some decent tires on this thing. Improve tire sensors. Improve cruise control as the current one rather cuts out when it feels like it. Improve throttle response. Quit cutting corners, Dodge -- these trucks aren't cheap.

Completely Converted
By bgerard1

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

Initially, the Ram was not even on my option list.
But after driving F150 and Silverado, I decided to test drive one on a whim.
I could not have been more surprised by what I experienced.
This truck is so far superior, I can't believe it - and at first, I didn't want to believe it.
If you are in the market, drive them all and you'll see for yourself - Dodge has grabbed the truck market by the horns.
I am completely converted!

Ride is quiet, smooth, and responsive. Hemi 5.7 is amazing - punched it once and it felt like I was in a muscle car (seriously, prepare yourself before trying this yourself). I have been impressed with how often the eco mode is in effect and my mileage on new engine is about 15-16 at 90% city. As engine breaks in, this will increase slightly. Love the towing features, especially hill assist. Without doubt the best truck I have ever driven. All this and it fits in the garage! If they keep this up, Dodge will pass Silverado to be sure and will nip at F150's heels in no time.

Mine was so well equipped, I just can't imagine what I might suggest. Add to that an amazing end of the year (2010) deal and I have no complaints yet. Was a little nervous about reliability, but Ram 1500 is only Dodge product Consumer Reports suggests so I passed on extended warranty. If I was pressed, my only suggestion would be that if they are going to equip the truck with all you need to have hands free phone, they ought to include it with the car standard instead of as an add on.