2010 Dodge Nitro SUV Detonator 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Not produced anymore. This SUV was built on a Liberty Chassis. I have 180k on it and the front end needed prop shafts at about 125k. I think the SUV is comparable with most others in its class. I also put both front struts in and upper control arms. I feel this is normal for the mileage. So if you are buying and older Nitro have a mechanic check the front end. Remember its got a stiff suspension not like some other Suvs.
2010 Dodge Nitro SUV SXT 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
Test drove a few before considering the 2010 SXT 4x4. Some of which included the Mazda CX7, and the 2008 Acadia. Mazda handled like a sedan, and the Acadia like a minivan (a little more fun).
The Nitro handles like a truck! It's built on the RAM chassis, so don't expect anything less. Fuel economy is not impressive, but still within average for a 3.6L. The 2008 Mazda Tribute 3.0L was getting a little better but not too much.
Overall, it handles like the truck but has the comfort of a large SUV. It's flexibility of offering exterior raw power with interior comfort makes it perfect option for looking to have 2 cars in 1.
My commute includes 100km hwy and 100km city daily to work/home
1. Dashboard is small giving you a lot of leg room, and not making you feel enclosed in a box.
2.Towing option (I don't think it's available on all trims, but mine has it)
3. Amazing head room both in front and back
4. Put the back seats down, and you have a covered pickup truck for those Ikea/Home Depot trips
5. Passenger seats folds to turn itself into a nice side table
6. Interior lighting is very good without blinding anyone
7. Storage compartment under the trunk
8. Deep in-between front seat compartment with tray
9. Hard-Drive in console enables photos, videos, and movies to be saved via common USB flash drive
1. Glove compartment is a little small
2. Install the option of getting into the car without having the interior lights turning on (maybe it does exist and I haven't figured it out yet)
3. A truck this size should have a full-size spare wheel, not the half-size one
4. Continue to build these Nitro's; the Journey is a flop... look how easy is to find a used one!