Used 2014 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews - 44 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Best 3 Row SUV on the market
By Dan

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Best 3 Row SUV on the market for the money, Most room, great engine, tight steering circle, great infotainment and nav system. Lease was up on our Infiniti QX60 and after test driving every family hauler on the market...we settled on the Dodge Durango Citadel.

An Expen$ive SUV that Lives Up to Expectations
By Guy Owen

2014 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV AWD (5.7L 8cyl 8A)

Let's face it - a $50,000-List SUV should be comfortable, and powerful. My relatives and friends love riding in this. And I actually own the Citadel 8-cyl AWD (not the R/T -- but Edmund's did not list that configuration as an option for Review, for some reason). This is a vehicle you buy because you can afford it. It's not economical -- but it did live up to its stated MPG (I get 15 in the City, and 22 on the Highway when using Cruise Control). Reliability has been good, with no unexpected visits to a service department. The auto-dimming headlights work a little strangely when in bumper-to-bumper traffic -- often mistaking the car in front of me as a "dark sky" and momentarily flashing its lights. And the interior Climate Control has been a small struggle getting just right. But driving it has been comfortable, and fun! I love driving a V8!! And I can get in the thing! Ever notice how many compacts and mid-size cars are seemingly built to keep a grown adult OUT of the driver's seat? Oh, my aching back and neck when I try to fit inside those. The sandstone (goldy-beige) color with the extra chrome of the dressy Citadel package is often stunning, to me. I get far more compliments on this SUV than any other vehicle I've ever owned (except that used '65 Corvette that nearly put me in the Poor House in my 20s).

Excellent Vehicle
By Robert Bosso

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have need for a three seat vehicle with good power and safety features. This one meets all of those requirements.

Love my Dodge Durango
By Tiffany

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love this vehicle. I had to drive 2 hours to get the vehicle I wanted at the price I wanted to pay. Everything about it is convenient. It is not too tall to get my kids and myself in and out. It's easy to put the third row up and down.

Most comfortable driving experience ever
By Nolanbunch

2014 Dodge Durango SUV Citadel 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Citadel trim line is comparable to BMWs I've driven. Outstanding. Added safety features like blind spot alerts are fantastic. The 8 inch screen is a pleasure. My wife and I bought this used with only 8500 miles on it, and have taken it from sea to shining sea since then. Best road vehicle we've ever had. Road tripping is a pleasure!