Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

This car stinks!!

LTEscott, 08/18/2003
SLT 4dr SUV

The 99 Durango has plenty of horses to get up and go, but it has been a struggle to keep it on the road. I have had problem with the entire front suspension, the A/C, the air bag, various sensors, the engine was using oil at the rate of a quart every 800 miles, and the last thing is the transmission blew to the tune of $5000. This car only has 70,000 miles on it and I have already put close to $11,000 in repair bills. I am so upside down that I can see China!!

Paperweight

Rychkid, 06/23/2010
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased this car used, primarily for the size, looks, and 4WD. While the 4WD is great in the snow, everything else is a nightmare. It was in the shop 6x in the first 3 mos. The transmission went at 80K, upper ball joints at 82K, brakes at 85K, A/C & heat at 87K, power steering at 100K, leaking oil at 108K. This is the biggest piece of garbage that I have ever owned. I absolutely hate this vehicle. Do yourself a huge favor and steer clear. It's not built to last at all. The room inside & 4WD are great, but the price of repairs and annoyance factors will drive you insane. I can't wait to pick up my new vehicle. Again, stay far, far away.

Not satisfied

sutchman, 05/14/2002
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned my Durango for 3 1/2 years. It is great for transporting the family and hauling things. The breaks are still good after 31,000 miles. I would not by another one though because of the gas mileage and I had it to the dealer 5 times for the master cylinder, 4wd light, serpentine belt, clicking in steering wheel, and the head gasket (twice).

Truly a good buy

Tyler, 02/09/2009
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I truely love this suv, its been the most reliable and handy atomobile ive evre owned. It seats 7, can get ok millange if your easy on the pedal ( with the 5.9 it will be hard to achive this) and is very sporty for its size. Its been wonderfull in the snow and great on milled of road trips. Over all a pice of metal thats durable, reliable, and fun.

100,000 piece of crap

manchild425, 07/13/2009
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Transmission went out at around 70,000 miles. I've had to replace the front end, rear window motor, water pump, idle air controller, and now my sun roofs motor crapped out. Huals great, love the 4WD. The gas mileage stinks but that's what I get for driving a 5.9ltr V8. I love the leather and 3rd row seating.

12345...26