Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews

Used Durango for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...26

Pros
Cons

Pros and cons

League, 09/05/2010
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have really loved owning this SUV! Knew mileage not good when I bought it but traded for versatility, power and looks. Minimal repairs. Have 150,000 and just now replaced upper ball joints and a/c. No other major repairs. Has been on many long trips and through bad weather with no problems. Handles better than other SUVs I've driven. It's been a good, solid vehicle. It's currently 11 years old and still looks great! Hope to have it for a few more years.

normal upkeep

Andy G, 08/19/2009
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Have 160,000 miles on car got it new in 1999 work on car was minimal ball joints one sencer on trans, water pump my only complaint was freeze out plugs leaking this should never happen 5.2 motor. Gas mileage 15-18 mpg rides like a truck. Front bumper chips easy and starting to get rust.

Gold

Zech ", 12/19/2018
SLT 4dr SUV

260,000 Original everything from my knowledge. Only 3 previous owners 1 of which being my mother. The SUV is great. Reliable. Good in the snow. Good for having a group of people, family, kids. This vehicle gets a bad rep because people want to treat it like a new SRT version with new V8. Its a older model, I coast the [non-permissible content removed] out of it, never full throttle or force accelerations. This SUV is golden.

Garbage...

CozmoCarera, 10/28/2005
SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I hate this car. I have a '99 Durango and I have had just about nothing but problems with it. I have had to replace everything... the transmition, every single belt that is under the hood, the power window mechanisms, and today i was driving down the highway and looked down and my speedometer was on 0. In other words, the speedometer is broken as well. The check engine light also decides that he's going to join in on the fun every month or so just for the heck of it. Grade A piece of crap. I wil most likely never buy a Chrysler product ever again.

Reason I will never own another dodge

ebglock, 07/13/2010
SLT 4dr SUV

Great motor. transmission started giving trouble at 65k. Electrical problems massive. Switches,window regulators, speed sensors, etc., etc. Brakes crap with defective bearings from dodge.

12345...26